Been sick, but much better

ditchdr

Registered
Hey folks, dont know if ya missed me or not. But i have been away for a little while. Dont know who remembers but for the last 15 years I have been fighting a anxiety problem that gets pretty intense at times.

I guess getting the new house set off a traumatic switch in my brain and caused me to go into complete shut down. With in 3 days of moving in I became a complete shut in. As in scared to leave the safety of my home. Hard to explain but I guess you could say I was scared I would have a panic attack while being alone and not have anyone around to help if needed. For those who have never had a true panic attack I will try to explain it. Imagine your heart starts to race, you cant take a deep breath, for break out into a cold sweat, for arms and legs feel like jello, you mind starts to race, and you have a sudden and over powering sense of doom. Scary is a understatement for when it happens. You just know your gonna die right then and there.

But after researching it, and doing a little soul searching I have found not only how to live with them, but how to over come them. Seems your simply afraid of having them. So in reality its a fear or fear. I had to train my body to not be afraid of the symptoms of the panic attacks. I had to learn to welcome them, knowing each one I went through made me stronger. I find my self trying to have them. What i was once scared of, I welcome and try to encourage them. What has happened is I dont have them anymore. I have lost my "fear" of them. I still feel the symptoms of anxiety now and then, but i know they are just that, false symptoms. If anyone on this board is suffering from them, PLEASE dont let it ruin your life. There is a cure. It is simple, might not be easy, but it is simple. If you need to talk to someone about them I am right here. I found its easier to talk to someone who has gone through it then someone who has no idea what its like.

This is the second time i have been side lined by this. First time I was a house bound of over a year, this time only a month or so. I refuse to let it run or ruin my life. It has taken a lot from me as is. It has damaged my relationship with Jess, and well as driven a wedge between her mother and I that can not be repaired (oh darn).

But on a good note. I am over it, life is looking good I am stronger for going through it. And I am looking froward to getting back on a bike here in Feb when I take delivery of my new 2011 Harley V-Rod Muscle!!! Oh and then shortly after my new Busa lol..

Well now that i have spilled my guts to many people i dont even know on a first name basis I feel good lol..

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad you got it figured out for yourself bro, I've had ONE in my life, and I ended up packing up from a camping trip right then and there and driving home. I made a 185 mile journey in just over 2 hours. Scared me senseless, and I swear I was hearing things. I couldn't imagine having it as bad as you, so congrats man!!!

glad to see you figured out a way to deal with it....now on to the fun stuff!!

Your such a wuss :poke:

Glad your doing better and hopefully you will continue to move forward. Now go take that cute kid of yours and go fishing!:laugh:

(Seriously dude....I'm really glad your working through this.:thumbsup:)

welcome back kind of wondered where you were at??? can you tell me what books you read to get help with this?? I too have had them, but I went the other route and got meds I would really like to get off them and deal with them the way you are...glad your doing better:thumbsup:

Back