Should I turn on the bike when loading the map?

crazy_mooh

Registered
I'm gonna load a map in my bike. It's my first time I will use the PC software. I have a PCIIIr in my bike and I got the map from the guy I bought the exhaust from. So, what should I do???I have the software, the cable and the map. Any advice to guide me.

What I have noticed is that even with the battery, you still need to have the bike turned on. This only needs to be on for a couple of seconds. Once you send the map, you can shut it off.

I never had luck powering my PC3 with the bike to do a map change. (genI '05) I use the 9v battery and do not turn the bike on. Maps load just fine this way. As soon as i plug the USB into my laptop the program starts and im good to go!

I tried it. It doesn't work maybe because I have an old one the serial cable and I have the converter from the serial to USB. Did somebody try it before? or should I just use the Serial cable. Also, the map I have is from the USB still so how I can get it work in mine.

Yes the bike needs to be running in order for your computer to see the power commander on the bike. Unless you can find a map for the non usb you will need to take out the lines on the power commander usb map that you do not have. As I remember the usb model changes every 250 rpms and the none usb every 500 rpms. It takes little bit to copy and paste the numbers in but its not that bad.

Let's be clear here, the bike needs to have the ignition set to 'on', but it doesn't actually have to be idling.

I did load the map but it was it perfect, so I just took it to the dyno it's the best thing I did to the bike...worth every $

I was about to type the same thing, but noticed your post as i started :p

as long as you dont see dashes in the boxes on the right like rpm area. thoses values should read 00000 all zero's. then you are good then pick the map you want then hit send map then wait for it to say it loaded your done

Last edited:
Back