Should Fire My Mechanic.....

crusty369

Registered
Just put my full Galfer set up on last week: wave rotors, SS lines, pads....
Couldn't ride due to having my AlienHead off being ceramicoated.
Took her out yesterday, and wasn't impressed. Seemed choppy and noisy. Called Galfer, and the tech told me to give it some time....what I was experiencing was "normal".
Took her out again today, rode for another 10 miles or so, pulled off to check the rotors again....not hot, smooth on the rear, smooth on the front on 3 sides, then....WTF....
somehow through all of my tiresome efforts to bleed, center, etc., I managed to flip one of the pads around, lol. All that time and effort, and I lost it in the final seconds of the game....
Spoke with the tech at my local shop, and surprisingly this isn't uncommon. Happens all the time, lol. Think he was just trying to make me feel better.
Glad I caught it right away...
Sad part is that even with one of the pads flipped, it seemed to brake better than with the stock lines etc., lol.

He is saying he did it himself
:laugh:

No worries dude I have often thought of killing my favorite tech for screwing up my bike, but suicide is illegal here :rofl:

Been there before, not on that specific task, but similar circumstances. At least you caught it early and did not destroy your new brakes.

WOW! I'm impressed you admitted to it, but more so you flipped the pad.
Measure 2x cut once... That could have been a very expensive screw up. Glad you caught it!

Where does your mech. live? I think we should find him and beat his arse !!!!:crowbar:

Give me an address, I will take care of him for you....:guns:

Maybe break his fingers so he can never hurt a busa again....

:laugh:

haha brakes are the one thing i check over like 10 times i dont know why but the thought of screwing them up freaks me out..

Yeah... That's just it. I did check them to the point of being ridiculous, lol. Calipers on and off, like 3 times.
3 am...strange things happen. Insomnia is a b$tch, lol.

I used to always think "you are doing stuff to this bike you never did before and then going out and running 150 mph hoping you did it corectly?" Then I watched a dumb arse tech at a local shop put fork oil in soomeone's engine. I realized I was in better hands!

Back