What a Galfer Deal!!!!!!

crusty369

Registered
Found a vendor on EBay out of Illinois. OnTheBoulevard.
Had a deal on Galfer waves, front and rear, for $599 shipped to my door. Asked about a package, including brake and clutch lines, and pads...all Galfer, in black...
$769 to my door!!!

All though galfers are nice high quality parts, I still cant justify why a 5mm thick peice of metal is worth $500.Wish I could afford those but dam thats a lot of dough.

His name is Jim. A personal friend of mine and a great guy. He deals in just about everything bike related. He gave guys on hear a great group price on chatterboxes a few years ago. Also deals in yosh, supersprox just to name a few.

As far as the $....You get what u pay for. Quality, engineered product manufactured to super close tolerances. Waste of money if u don't get the lines, and high quality pads, IMHO.

As far as the $....You get what u pay for. Quality, engineered product manufactured to super close tolerances. Waste of money if u don't get the lines, and high quality pads, IMHO.

Not for your everyday normal riding. My 150 dollar rotors and 50 dollar ceramic pads do perfectly fine :)

And they look really cool :thumbsup:

Depends on what your "daily riding" consists of....To each his own.....before I would go with a "Chalfer" or the like, I would replace the stockers with another set of OEM, if they were due....as opposed to downgrading the quality of braking components. Not dissing, just stating.
Brakes are THE most important, (and unfortunately most overlooked) system on the bike. Not something I am willing to skimp on. Mucho stress going to pieces that I want to have full confidence in. I don't want to be worried about the metallurgy. All steel is not created equal....
On another note, the braided lines are what are going to make the real noticeable "feel/responsiveness" difference (with quality levers preferably), followed by the pads, then the rotors. I will say that calipers might be overkill for a predominantly street ride, but again, depends on how u ride it...
Galfers also take a few pounds off the front. (;~}€

Yep, good ole Jim, he has a 08busa and a m109r, Suzuki guy big time, just went to the chicago motorcycle show with him yesterday.

He sells lots of stuff, shift-tech, ilmber carbon parts,chains,sprockets, tech mounts, ect... Great dude.:thumbsup:

Back