Shoei x-11

Sweet, love the dark smoke visor...I'm kinda partial to that myself.

Great looking helmet. That's actually the one I've been looking at getting.

Bill nice helmet I was looking at that one myself doesn't match my bike so I went with the TC-5 Black RF1000 Joust. Congrats

<image src="http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/roddiestar/Joust4.jpg">

<image src="http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/roddiestar/Joust2.jpg">

Sweet lid. Helmets are like my crack--I just can't get enough. I buy one I like and next week I see another I want!!!

Sweet, sweet helmet!
tounge.gif

That lid is sweeeeeeet Bill. Especially with the smoked screen. But my opinion is kinda biased cos I have an X11 myself
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Enjoy it.
super.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks folks...and while i haven't had a chance to ride it yet? (O-ren Ishii is down for wiring up some goodies at the moment) I also wanted to mention that the "FIT" is awesome and i think i figured out why...as i should say it's more like..."The Way It Fits"....as i took notice that this helmets liner contacts "more surface area" of my head and face than any helmet i've ever slipped my melon into...also?...it seems the visor opening is better postioned to suit the more aggressive ergos of a sportbike rider whereby the eyes can see a higher level of viewing area out the visor...as in..."raised"....which yeilds a great view of the road even if you're in a full tuck attempting to peer out your forehead....which with my old helmets?...the top of the visor opening would slowly buy surely begin to encroach upon my view of the road...especially when in a hard lean straining to look up and left in left handers and and/or up and right in right handers...and as it appears?..the X11 addresses that little dilemma and appears it will do so quite nicely..and i'm still tickled with it...and still pinching myself just looking at it as i've "never" had a helmet this sweet.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Been riding with an X-11 for a bit....

JINKS...trust me. Don't dismiss what NJ said...yer gonna need some earplugs. I don't get a chance to ride for extended periods of time (not like I can ride 1000+ miles on a small island), but for the time that I am riding, this lid is quite a noisy one.

The only reason I dont' wear plugs is because I wanna be able to hear any screeching tires or blaring horns when I'm sitting at a traffic light.

For your viewing pleasure...the 2006 X-11 Kiyonari.

CIMG0435.JPG

Been riding with an X-11 for a bit....

JINKS...trust me. Don't dismiss what NJ said...yer gonna need some earplugs. I don't get a chance to ride for extended periods of time (not like I can ride 1000+ miles on a small island), but for the time that I am riding, this lid is quite a noisy one.

The only reason I dont' wear plugs is because I wanna be able to hear any screeching tires or blaring horns when I'm sitting at a traffic light.

For your viewing pleasure...the 2006 X-11 Kiyonari.
"helmet noise": is far too subjective and so dependent on...."Proper Fit & Head Shape"...that no one can really "make the call" on what another may experience...however.. the web bike editors claim the shoei x11 to be on parr (noise wise) with the Arai Quantum II....which is a moderately quiet helmet aimed more at streets than tracks such as the real noisey arai RX7/Corsair line of again.....what i'd term as "Race Spec" helmets...and i will state this...the X11 seems to me to be sort of a "Large & 1/2" as most "L" helmets fit me far to snug and size "XL" is typically the size i walk out of the store with...I'll also admit though that the fit on this "L" size X11 is just a tad snug on me..not much at all and nothing that would have me in a "can't wait to get it off my head" situation but the fit is so positive?...I expect the noise levels...whatever they may be...will be greatly minimized due to the "just about as perfect as perfect gets"..fit.

That said?..you'll be happy to know that your helmet graphix (Kiyonari) was on my final short list of three selections...those being yours mine and the "Kayagama TC5"...

x11_kayagama_tc5.jpg

as the "colors" pretty much matched my slvr/graphite '03 busa spot on buuuuuut....there was sumpt'in funky about the kayagama...and as bad as i would've liked the matching colors?...i consulted a close riding bud as it seemed both cool...yet?...gay in some way...and my bud thought some same....as we both figured is was the "Scroll" crap...as the tribal throwing stars deally looked cool but?...gay.
laugh.gif
and we narrowed it down to the scroll work just doesn't go with the cool azz tribal throwing star thigamajigs on the sides.
laugh.gif

We both agreed that the Kiyonari was one of the coolest badazz "Dragon Graphix/Helmets" we'd ever seen buuuut...even though i had it in the top final three?...i figured every young blood and his brother were gonna want "that one"...and when i found out that Chris Vermeulen was Mot6oGP'ing for team suzuki?...that was it....hands down....new name up and comer racer for suzi?...sign me up!...and make mine a Vermeulen TC5.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

JINKS - you savage!!!
Nice score man!
X-11's are soooooooooo choice.

Back