Shoei X 11

phierce

Registered
Anyone have an opinion on the Shoei X 11?
biggrin.gif

Looking for a new lid
I'm not sure about the new X11s
Anyone?
Thanks
Chris

I agree it is light and aerodynamic. The best thing about this helmet is it's venting. It brings in so much air. On hot days this helmet is great. In my opinion with all the vents it makes for a little too much wind noise. I am comparing this to my Suomy Gunwind which doesnt have too many vents. I ride with earplugs anyways so it doesnt bother me.

I just bought an Arai RX-7 and I think it's more comfortable than the X-11. I have seen where magazines say the X-11 is the best lid ever though. I think I just have an Arai shaped head.

I have had the X-11 for about a 3 month now. I love it. Fits my head well, broke in great and very quite depending. Now granted I upgraded from an HJC but I do think that it is a great helmet. My advice is to go and try some on at your local dealer and let them get you to ride around with it for a bit. I did that with mine and tried the Suomy helmet. It was nice but not as plush as the X-11. Just make sure that it fits your head.

I've had my X-Eleven for about a year, and it's incredible. The best thing about it is its aerodynamics. At 120, you can turn your head, and it won't get pulled off.

I get a lot of compliments on my helmet (red Ukawa). I've never had neck pain either, and the comfort is fantastic.

Good luck.

I just orderd the X11 from dmtaonline.com.
I got the anthrcite color (metalic grey). Just didn't like the replicas. It should look cool with the mirror lens from my RF1k
Great price too, $459.00 + $8.90 shipping.
Everywhere else I found was over $500.
I can't think of a better mod then a great helmet.
I've always trusted Shoei since my last accident and I wish I still had the helmet to take a pic. The shield was rashed enough to put my fingers through.
So money well spent!

Sometimes opinions are worth more than 2 cents.
Thanks guys
C

<!--EDIT|phierce
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083186030 -->

100shoeiX11Anthracite.jpg

Back