Shoei x-11

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Well folks?...my...

"Chirs Vermeulen Graphix (MotoGP Racer for Suzuki) Shoei X-Eleven"

helmet arrived today as promised by Helmetshop.com (located in daytona) and while one of the members here stated that the graphix wasn't quite up to parr in real life as depicted on the net?...inferring that they had maybe cheapened or changed the graphix for the worse and that i'd be in for a disappointment when i pulled it out of the box?...well....i'm happy to report that I couldn't disagree more as...compared to the net pix of this lid?...I was "Stunned" when i pulled it out of the box alright...but?.....

in a...

shoei1.jpg

good...

shoei3.jpg

way!
biggrin.gif

shoei2.jpg

as compared to pix on the net?...in real life?...imho?...this lid put the pix on the net to shame!
biggrin.gif

Blew my eyes outta my head!
biggrin.gif
...he11.... I think I actually "Gasped" when I unsheathed it from it's helmet tote bag.:D

Now....i know folks tastes in graphix vary a great deal but to me?...I couldn't be happier...awesome detail...pearlized white leading into metaflake silver leading into gray and then orangeish/red, maroone backshadowed tribal flames on a base of black...all real paint...no decals....and heavily clear-coated...and even these pix here that I've posted don't do it justice as compared to real life...in a word?...awesome...and in another word?..elated.
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to go ride it and give ya'll a review annnd..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

if i had the scratch i d be sporting one of them with ya!!!!! very nice .my rf900 feels like a cement bucket compared to one.

Thanks....the only problem here is this...it looks so damn good i'm almost afraid to touch it let alone ride it.
laugh.gif

SWEET!

Tried one on for size yesterday and damn it's comfortable. Then I went in the parking lot and ran really, really fast with my head tucked to test for bobble-head and wind noise.

My choices are between your X-Eleven and the Gester. Looking forward to your review.

biggrin.gif

here...let me cut to the chase for the short attention span folks amidst us.
laugh.gif

per "web bike worlds"....

"Conclusion
Shoei has conducted studies that show that the X-Eleven can keep a rider's head much cooler than the XSP-II, which was lauded for its efficiency. Air flow is very important for rider comfort, especially in the summer months when most street riding takes place. While many helmets on the market appear to have various devices to flow air, very few are really successful.

The X-Eleven lives up to its claims by providing a prodigious volume of air in all the right places, while doing so at low noise levels that rival the leaders in this area. In fact, that's probably the most outstanding aspect of the X-Eleven; that it can flow so much air with such (relatively) low noise levels. Some serious thought and experience went into this design.

The quality of the levers and features on the X-Eleven is also first-rate; each lever's movement has a precise feel and I'm betting there will be no problems with any of these devices over the long haul. The liner is nicely designed and is very comfortable, and the individual liner parts can be replaced to provide a custom fit.

The external finish of the X-Eleven is also flawless. The scheme shown in these photos is the Norick Abe design, which is a real eye-popper, and everyone who has seen it has commented on how great it looks. You'd have to pay big, big money to get a custom painted design like this on a solid colored helmet, so I say it's definitely worth the extra hundred bucks or so to get either the Norick Abe or Tohru Ukawa designs. Or how about getting a Daijiro Kato replica to honor the late, great hero?

No question that the X-Eleven is relatively expensive. But as the saying goes, if you have a cheap brain, buy a cheap helmet! If you can only own one really nice, really high-quality helmet in his or her lifetime, this is the one!

L8R, Bill.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

The X-Eleven lives up to its claims by providing a prodigious volume of air in all the right places,
"prodigious"

Damn that's a<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Big</span>word

prodigious

Main Entry: pro·di·gious
Pronunciation: pr&-'di-j&s
Function: adjective
1 a obsolete : being an omen : PORTENTOUS b : resembling or befitting a prodigy : STRANGE, UNUSUAL
2 : exciting amazement or wonder
3 : extraordinary in bulk, quantity, or degree : ENORMOUS
synonym see MONSTROUS

OK now I get it

I'm jealous!! I have drooling over that exact helmet for some time now, I just can't make it work financially right now. I LOVE the way the X-eleven fits, which was a big plus for me since almost no other brand of helemt is comfortable on my head other than HJC.

One day I will have one....one day soon.

Back