Shipping a Busa

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
Has anybody (besides V8) had their bike shipped a long distance? If so, please tell me some companies to look into. Thanks.

(I've looked at some online, so looking for some customer recommendations here)

I had mine shipped from Japan, but it was shipped in a crate with my household goods... I recommend going with a motorcycle specific carrier...

bluegrab.gif
  Never have. Juste rent a trailer.

Sonny-kswaterbug just had a Busa shipped. There is a thread in General that listed the company he used.

If its going to be shipped anywhere in the great 48 call
Express Auto Transport. There number is 1-800-405-0914

(Red05 @ Sep. 13 2006,09:32) Another option is Forward Air
+2 ........How could I forget that one. NinjaEater would always used them when shipping his bike back and forth from Conn and Fl.

Thanks.

Forwardair is cheapest so far... but doesn't seem as secure because doesn't have a way to lock the wheels to the ground (from what i've seen).

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 13 2006,12:09) Thanks.

Forwardair is cheapest so far... but doesn't seem as secure because doesn't have a way to lock the wheels to the ground (from what i've seen).
I used them. The container had a rail, wide enough for the tires, down the middle that you pushed the bike into, and then tied it down, compressing the suspension, front and rear. I shipped my beloved '80 GS1100E from southwest Missouri to New York with no problems at all.

$2400 to ship my Hayabusa to a port in Japan to ride on Suzuka! ...hmmmmm.......

(Rhythm @ Sep. 13 2006,11:34)
(Red05 @ Sep. 13 2006,09
zzwhip.gif
) Another option is Forward Air
+2 ........How could I forget that one. NinjaEater would always used them when  shipping his bike back and forth from Conn and Fl.
+3. The one and only time I have shipped a bike was with them and it arrived without a scratch. Of course you pay for their crate and crate it yourself.

Had mine shipped from California to South Florida... used ForwardAir....cost $650.

Spencer

(GoldenChild @ Sep. 13 2006,13:37) Ask for Mike,tell him Cloud Nine Motorsports sent you..Door to door fully custom ride and they take care of your stuff.

Eagle One-The only way we ship.
Thanks! I'll call when it gets near the time I need to ship.

If they can't get low enough... I guess it's looking like ForwardAir.

if you can, avoid shipping it. Rent a trailer and haul it to the end location. After my experience, I'm never shipping my bike again! When I go overseas its going into a friends garage!

Pan, you could probably buy a hitch and mc trailer for pretty close to the cost of shipping. May be worth a look.

Back