Need Help...Shipping a bike from CA to MD

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
My brother-in-law has a Suzuki 600 that said I can have (he doesn't have time to ride any more). My only problem is, is that the bike is in California. Any one know how I can get the bike shipped here, to Maryland? How much would something like that cost? Has any one done this before, if so could you recommend a good shipping company?
Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Donald

Let me check with one of out shipping carriers from work, I'll let you know on Tuesday...

I just shipped my TLR from georgia to washington state and it cost him 500 to ship. We used forward air to ship it.

Thump where you at in Washington state...

cuffee try eagle 1   i use them or forward air or www.jcmotors.com

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135445766 -->

When I just got my bike shipped,they used Foward air.

My guess is between 600-800 bucks

Try The Federal Co. They are a division of Allied transport, specializing in M/C transport. I have used them several times with good results. Pricing was as fair as you'll find.
# is 800.747.4100 ext 217

CRATE FEES!!!

How about wait till summer. Fly there and drive it back?
wow.gif

Your ass will be as flat as a pancake but you'll have a GSXR600 in return
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|GSXRme
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135452030 -->

Maybe you could find someone hauling a load to your destination and see what they would charge to haul your bike.

Thank every one. I will contact some of the carriers mentioned above.

Also, GSXRme...I don't have enough cushion in my butt to ride a GXR 600 from Cali to MD. Maybe a busa but definitely not a 600!

I'm not in washington but the guy who purchased my bike lives there in marysville and all I had to do was supply two locks and straps to secure the bike in the container.  It took a 5 days to get to him.  He called forward air and gave the dimensions and they had a container waiting for me.  You just have to drain the fuel. My Buddy also shipped his bike from new mexico to maryland for about the same price.

<!--EDIT|Thump16
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135527835 -->

Cool! Thanks for the replies. I am excited about the new edition! I have plan to get it painted and to do a little engine work to it. My brother-in-law says it's in great condition. Can you believe that he is givining it to me for FREE!

I called Forward Air and got a quote. The quote was for $541. The only problem was that my brother-in-law would have to transport the bike ~64 miles to Los Angles. Then I would have to pick-up the bike from Baltimore. Also, you have to supply your own straps and lock.

Next, I called The Federal Co. The actually pick the bike up from your door and deliver the bike to your door. The qoute was $902. However, after speaking with the customer service rep. and understanding how they ship the bikes (they supply everything), their insurance, etc....I think for peace of mind I will pay the $902.

I will have my bike in about 2 to 3 weeks. I can't wait. I have big plans for this bike!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the replies!

D -
Congrats on the new addition....Kinda surprised that we don't already have preliminary pics???
j/k!

Back