Shipping rates on bikes?

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

As some of you guys know, I'm selling my bike, and there's a fella in California that I've been conversing with. He's interested in the bike and is debating on having it shipped. Anyone ever have any experience getting a bike shipped, or shipping a bike somewhere?

Recommendations on shipping companies? Experiences and/or costs?

Any input?

Thanks all!

Jason

Check with Forward Air, they have special crates for motorcycle! Not sure on the cost. for your case, but it cost me and a buddy $695 round trip from New Hampshire to Arizona!
tounge.gif

Check with Forward Air, they have special crates for motorcycle! Not sure on the cost. for your case, but it cost me and a buddy $695 round trip from New Hampshire to Arizona!
tounge.gif
Thanks, gixerhp! I appreciate your input. Man! NH to AZ....that's gotta be almost the same distance as from WI to CA! Perhaps a bit farther. Anyway, I'll let Bill know and he can decide how he wants to do it if he buys the bike.
beerchug.gif

Jason

tounge.gif
Thanks, gixerhp! I appreciate your input. Man! NH to AZ....that's gotta be almost the same distance as from WI to CA! Perhaps a bit farther. Anyway, I'll let Bill know and he can decide how he wants to do it if he buys the bike.
beerchug.gif

Jason
Yeh but your only shipping one way!

Hey guys,

As some of you guys know, I'm selling my bike, and there's a fella in California that I've been conversing with. He's interested in the bike and is debating on having it shipped. Anyone ever have any experience getting a bike shipped, or shipping a bike somewhere?

Recommendations on shipping companies? Experiences and/or costs?

Any input?

Thanks all!

Jason
Seeing that you're in WI, have you tried Daily Direct Transport  in Butler?  I think the number is either 1-800 or 1 888 Haul bikes.  They're right on 124th St just north of Capitol Drive not far from the Harley Plant

<!--EDIT|whytlotus
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145539242 -->

Forwardair is screwing me big time. My 06 should have shipped on the 18th after waiting 2 weeks already and it still hasn't shipped since a container is not avaliable. there is suppose to be one tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. I wouldn't use Forwardair but thats just me.

If Bill wants to ship it, I'll take at that lotus, thanks!

Could be cheaper I s'pose, gixerhp, since it is only going one way, hey?! Pretty cool! I wonder why mo is getting run around on his shipping time? That sucks, mo!

J

I just had a bike ship from CA to MD. PM me and I will provide you with the details. It was door to door service. EXCELLENT

I can haul it for you from Eaton, Ohio. My destination is Santee, CA so he would have to pick it up from there. I think $400.00 isn't too much to ask for 3200 miles of transport. I will be leaving Ohio on May 3rd.

Back