shift light

A friend Of mine bought one and the lead wire from the shift light wrapped around the spark plug wire. I know if it can be done on the Abuser, Earl will figure it out. There must be some way to detect the pulse...Right Earl????
Nailz

[This message has been edited by emattson (edited 21 July 1999).]

Speed,
A member of this board (Earl), is the guy I was referring too. He is on vacation for a week and I'm on mine next week. So if he reads this I hope he'll post the info. He said it was trick and he does not mess with junk when it come to his bikes. So Earl, Hook Speed up with the info OK.
Nailz

can you get the brand/model number of that shift light. How big is it?

A friend of mine installed a small shift light in his vette, it was about the size of a roll of dimes. I think it would be perfect to mount in the little void above the guages.

And it would look kinda cool to :)

The shift light Nailz is refering to is a Daytona shift light from Lockhart. It is about half the size of a book of matches and is an led unit. It has two green lights and two red lights. You can mount it anywhere in front of you. I mounted mine by the tach. It has three wires. One to switched 12volt, one to ground and a long wire to wrap around a spark plug wire. It has an adjustable small box with a screw that will let you adjust the shift point from 7000 up. The two green lights will come on 500 rpm below the shift point then the two red lights will come on. I had it on my R1. I am going to try to mount it on Busa, but since it has stick coils I don't know how it will work. I'll try this weekend and let everyone know. It is a trick unit and gives you a great shift indicator.

Thanks for the info! I cant wait to hear how it goes. I will check out Lockhart while your working on yours

later

Earl,

I have a Pro Cycle Shift Light that I'm having problems trying to get it to work. Do you have any ideas as to how I can get it to work correctly? By the way, I live in Riverdale not too far from you.

[This message has been edited by Ghost Ryder01 (edited 11 August 1999).]

Back