shift light ??????

today i installed a shift light on my busa and my bike wont start.......all the wires are hooked up right bike will turn over but wont start .....when i unhooked the wires the bike starts and runs fine theres 2 things i think it could be one is the shift minder box is bad or it could be that i'm not running the 4 into 1 tack wire with the resistor that goes from the green wire to the 4 - coil wires

what i did was take the green wire from the shift minder and splice 4 wires into it then ran it to each coil pack could this be the problem that i need the resistor in line for it to work?
rock.gif
? if so what size resistor would i need ........thanks for any help

it could be that i'm not running the 4 into 1 tack wire with the resistor that goes from the green wire to the 4 - coil wires

what i did was take the green wire from the shift minder and splice 4 wires into it then ran it to each coil pack could this be the problem that i need the resistor in line for it to work?
rock.gif
?
I'm not sure I'm reading this right, but are you saying you ran 4 wires, one from each of the coils directly, (no resistors), to a single wire on the shift light? That could cause cross-spark which would probably prevent the Busa from starting.

Now of course I don't know how this shift light works, but I think the following advice is sound.

Make sure you connected the wires to the coil PRIMARIES. Although if you had connected it to the secondaries I think you'd notice REAL quick.

Try using the shift light just connected to 1 of the coils, and see if it will work that way.

And if you do have to use all 4 coils to obtain a good reading, I would use DIODES, not resistors, unless it states specifically that it needs resistors.

Back