Shift Light Installation

5280 Busa

Registered
Greetings all. I wanted to see if anyone has installed a shift light (any brand). I just picked a MSD mini-LED shift light which is triggered by their RPM activated module. I need to know where to connect the wire? On my old GSXR100 I wired it directly to the coils.

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated!

-SN

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Shift just before the needle hits those red marks on the tach.. As far as the wire I have no idea. Sorry I couldn't help...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
I hope you took that the right way. I am a smart ass most days but I was having fun. Let me know how your mod turns out!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

jwcfbd

Administrator
Registered
I can't find exactly what you need but in the manual it says that the tech gets it signal from the ECM.(black box by the battery)

Curt

Registered
actually, what i need is a gear position display, i hate having to remember, or trying to click up to make sure its sixth, or hitting first in a 2nd gear corner, etc..

5280 Busa

Registered
personally, I agree with Howlin Mad. Save the money and look for those little red lines.
That's all good when riding on the street but when I am zipping down the 1/4 mile, I personally prefere to be watching the track in front of me versus my tach. It's nice to have a bright light going off in my face to tell me when to shift.

Thanks for everyone's input though!