Shift Kit Installed :)

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
I am pleased to inform you owners that are suffering from false neutrals a cure may be in hand.

A *Factory Pro* Hayabusa shift kit has been installed and tested. Shifting is very definative(the vagueness of the stock arrangement is history). Every gear change is a fast secure click, much improved over the OEM parts.

Downside: The installation is a pain in the but. The motor mounts must be freed all but for one, as you need to raise the motor up inside the frame to gain access to the shift shaft cover. It can not come off without moving the motor upward. Very straight forward other than that pain of jacking up the motor.

Advise:

1) you need gaskets/O-rings for the water pump which must be removed and replaced

2) another person to help you when you jack the motor up so as not to foil any sensors and cam chain adjuster on the frame rails.

3) about four hours time, so you may as well plan on an oil and coolant change while you are in there anyway.

4) the exhaust can be left on but you must remove some aft mounting bolts.

Worth the effort, YES.
The bike shifts much better.

Part number? they should have one by now.
Cost? They should have that info now as well.

Parts supplied,(2 parts) a heavier shift return spring and a roller bearing shift drum follower.

After two false neutrals at the drag strip today please give me there phone number and/or web address. Please email it to me directly as I'll grab it on the fly.

Spent several hours with Marc from Factory. You might contact him about this kit. As of yesterday at Pikes Peak, this was a "one off" thing.

Marc will be at the GNF races in Atlanta next month....so will I (we - RacerBoy also)

Jeff, after they sent the parts I asked them at the shop if they were in production and the response was that the "kit" was in production. Because when I asked for part numbers they said there were not any because the pieces were "in production".I will call and check. Forgive me if I was misleading.

Anyway it works very well, I never had much problem with the shifting after moving the lever (day 2 of ownership). The kit made a sometimes vague feel turn into a positive feel. All shift changes snap right into gear.
Neutral is even easier to find, his design is just a better way and it does work better.

If it turns out to be a one off part, I will consider myself fortunate to have meet Marc and thankful for his work.

Problems with shifting ?
I have NEVER had any problems on ANY bike. Its just a matter of doing the shift right in the first place. I didnt even have problems on the old gs1100 motor , and it was the inventor of misses second gears. But not all can be a God like me...hehehehe

No it is a new part, a similar spring resides in the GSXR750-late model. However its configuration is exactly backwards to the GSXR's. This spring returns the shift lever to its static position. Months ago quite a few were complaining of shifts hanging up in higher gears, lever adjustments and synthetic oils have seemed to help most. This is just a simple solution to what some may still find as a problem.

It is a better made part that is all, we all got a hell of a deal for our $10,500. In a few places we can find room for improvement.
I was just trying to help, very simple.

Back