Shed alarm

impactks

MMA Trainer
Donating Member
Registered
Was reading another thread and came across someone discussing their shed alarm. Made me think, "wow, why don't I have one of those?
rock.gif
"

Does anyone have some experience with shed alarms? I'm looking to get something to give me piece of mind for my shed. If you do, what have you seen? Where do/did you get it? etc....

Thanks,

Bryan

I'm sure you could go to radio shack and get a door alarm that has an insane loud siren and hook it up for cheap.Linky

This is just a cheap Idea. Do a google search for "Door Alarms", you will get a million plus sites that have similar products.

And then this in a corner to catch the fuggers face. Linky

<!--EDIT|High Ranger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143354634 -->

Suspend a shotgun from the ceiling and attach a rope through a block and tackle from the door to the trigger. You'll know when someone tries to get in...

Actually that exact trap killed a fire fighter In Colorado not to long ago.

Here is one from homedepot . I am the one talking about it the best i can tell you is to do a google search for contact alarms not being selfish but do not want to tell everyone my secrets on the internet..

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143383501 -->

078275062030_3.jpg

I bought an alarm setup from Harbor Freight. Its motion activated, has other sensors for doors, windows, etc. It also has a keychain remote, and a keypad. Its no Brinks system, but I think it was less than $20. I've had it a long time, and can't really remember what I paid though. Radio shack is another option.

I have a great alarm for the garage, his name is Pepper Bear. He is a 145 lb. Chow/lab mix. He sleeps next to the busa( he thinks it's his). When I tell him someone is going to get his busa he shows his teeth and growls! It cracks me up, but I don't think I would want to break into the garage and try him out! LOL
overlord.gif

BusaSamurai,

I like the backup plan...Hang him from the rafters and combine that with one of those cameras I could be on my way to $50,000 from Americas Funniest Videos.

crazy.gif

I have a great alarm for the garage, his name is Pepper Bear. He is a 145 lb. Chow/lab mix. He sleeps next to the busa( he thinks it's his). When I tell him someone is going to get his busa he shows his teeth and growls! It cracks me up, but I don't think I would want to break into the garage and try him out! LOL
overlord.gif
Heres one of mine she is 11months old 109 lbs chow rott mix

DSC02810.JPG

Was reading another thread and came across someone discussing their shed alarm.  Made me think, "wow, why don't I have one of those?
rock.gif
"

Does anyone have some experience with shed alarms?  I'm looking to get something to give me piece of mind for my shed.  If you do, what have you seen?  Where do/did you get it? etc....

Thanks,

Bryan
Do you have a home alarm? If so you can just connect the shed up to the house. If you do and you need details, just let me know.

Kevin

I use a motion flood light, with a bulb convertor and a siren. I have a switch for the shed light inside the house. Normally the motion sensored flood lights come with 2 bulbs. Remove one and use the bulb convertor and some wire to power the siren. If its 2 am and they open the door, well the siren and lights turn on before the door is even 4" opened. Add a white strip of tape,paint etc to the back of the door to help trip the sensor easier.

Back