Shawn and Cash-money's westbound Canadian tour.

Y2K81

Registered
Well on Sept 9th Ill be leaving for Chilliwack, BC from Winnipeg, MB.

First stop is Regina, SK on the 9th.
2nd stop is Calgary, AB
3rd is Osoyoos, BC to grab the hwy3 twisties. Never done that run on the bike.
4th Ill arrive home in Chilliwack, BC.

Parking the bike for the winter and grabbing a plane back to winnipeg on the 18th to go back to work on the 19th.

Picked up some oxford sport panniers for the ride in high vis yellow for 100.00 today in toronto. Guy used em once and parked em in storage since 2002.

Looking forward to this 2300km trip.
Will be my first major ride like this.
Due to shoulder injury Im breaking down the ride into a few days.

So what is the average km Im going to get to a tank on the highway? If its 200kms a tank Ill be at about 300.00 in fuel and eats on route roughly.

From what I've heard there are some looong straight stretches especially in Sask. Radar detector might be in order.
Big tank bag is nice to lean on.
Rubb.

Might be looking for a cam to mount for this trip. Hwy3 from calgary, ab to osoyoos, bc is abit like the dragons tail i think... Maybe more like a snake pit lol

Watch out for wildlife on #3... saw lots of these guys last time I drove through:

5897128615_567fe4d1cb_b.jpg
5897135591_e5123a8bf4_b.jpg

Also be on the lookout for large Elk.... I was driving an old Porsche 911 on the trip I took the above pictures on and at one point, a guy in a newer Mustang GT pulled up alongside and wanted to race. I waved him off and he blasted away towards the next corner. By the time I went around that corner, there was a very large Elk down in the middle of the highway and Mustang guy was just getting out of his newly-crashed car. Sad to see as the animal was clearly alive and in distress but unable to get up. :(

Watch out for wildlife on #3... saw lots of these guys last time I drove through:

View attachment 1625754View attachment 1625755

Also be on the lookout for large Elk.... I was driving an old Porsche 911 on the trip I took the above pictures on and at one point, a guy in a newer Mustang GT pulled up alongside and wanted to race. I waved him off and he blasted away towards the next corner. By the time I went around that corner, there was a very large Elk down in the middle of the highway and Mustang guy was just getting out of his newly-crashed car. Sad to see as the animal was clearly alive and in distress but unable to get up. :(
Thats brutal. Yeah ill be taking it somewhat easy as I dont know the road very well.

Might be looking for a cam to mount for this trip. Hwy3 from calgary, ab to osoyoos, bc is abit like the dragons tail i think... Maybe more like a snake pit lol

Pics yes, vids no. Long ones are boring. Like seeing the ride but not really riding the ride.

Back