Severe Hesitation after PCIII and Full Exhaust

So I just pulled the plugs after shutting it off when the bike was stuttering....they were much darker than I expected....not a nice light tan color, but a much darker tan. I am guessing that my supposed lean condition has to be a rich condition... I will now try to go the opposite direction with my base map (M312-018) and see if that makes a difference.

(psychoticide @ Oct. 04 2007,22:11) So I just pulled the plugs after shutting it off when the bike was stuttering....they were much darker than I expected....not a nice light tan color, but a much darker tan.  I am guessing that my supposed lean condition has to be a rich condition...  I will now try to go the opposite direction with my base map (M312-018) and see if that makes a difference.
If the plugs are real dark, you have a rich condition! Since you say that the bike fall flat , its diffently rich! Try going back to a zero map and see if that helps!

THanks. Actually, that is the one it came loaded with (The Yosh map). I was actually thinking of switching back to that map and leaning it a little more. Yesterday I tried richening it and it ran worse so I will try the other way tomorrow. Thanks again for the input.

beerchug.gif
If you were closer ide tune it for you!

Running the PC3 usb version.

If I was closer, I would let you tune it for me! ha ha ha

If nothing else, this will be a learning experience...and that is mainly why I am messing with it.

Ok, well just my .02... I had a yosh full exhaust on, put my PCIII on and rode it around some, very easy on it, with the stock map... Mine never backfired, poped, surged or anything and ran basically OK minus the small power loss in the middle of the powerband which was to be expected. Then I got my BMC race and Airbox mod done and it sat in the garage for a while... Please for your own sake don't fudge with that engine. Suzuki designed it how to run and a tuner is the only other person who can do that. Every time you run it lean, your risking burning things up. The combustion process is already hot enough to melt a piston but the gas and other cooling features keep it below the melting point during normal running. If you rich, you can leave leftover fuel in the chamber unburned and if it runs lean in any spot can aid detonation a lot as well as harm plugs... etc. Do yourself a favor and just take one for the team (you and your bike) and dont ride it till you get it tuned. Im getting mine done by a guy in Richmond (hour away) for 200 for a custom map. He only has the baseline done but should be done with it today and said it was ALL over the place before he baselined it.

I hear ya, better to be safe than sorry. The thing is, my plugs aren't light in color at all. One thing is for sure.....I am definitely not making any progress. ha ha ha

So, I was prepping the bike for Dyno tune - namely, replacing the plugs with the Iridium ones. At any rate, the cylinder 1 cap just came right off without any resistance....the answer to my problem...ummmm, could be!! I am going to go ahead with the tune, but geez...it is the simple things sometimes. LOL

Back