Severe Hesitation after PCIII and Full Exhaust

psychoticide

Registered
Good morning to the US and Good whatever to the rest of the world. LOL I own a 2004 Busa with 5500 miles on it. I have searched for an answer to my problem until I couldn't think of any more keywords to search for. LOL My problem is this, Two weeks ago I installed a full 4-2-1 Yosh exhaust with the dual tip carbon tri-oval muffler. At the same time I installed a PCIII which came pre-loaded with the Yosh map from dynojet (I haven't verified that it actually contains this, I will check that tonight). The only thing done to the bike prior was a TRE mod. After setting everything up, I thought it ran great and the sound was amazing. Then I rode it in to work. About 12 minutes into my 15 minute commute (constant 75MPH highway speed), I exit the highway and ride two more miles on side roads into the office. It was the first stop sign after the exit where I noticed my problem. When accelerating from the stop, it started running really rough it was hard to distinguish between a surge and a bog....but it cleared up when the throttle position was between 40% - 100%. After looking at the yosh map (a lot of negative numbers), I figured that if they were cutting back the fuel that much over stock at the lower throttle positions, it must be running way to rich from factory...and I had a TRE on there to make matters worse. After reading countless posts on here, it is my understanding that the TRE will make the bike run more rich. So last night, I pulled the TRE thinking that would fix the problem. Wow was I wrong! The problem got much worse, but still within the 0%-35% throttle range. I think I have definitely narrowed it down to a surge from lack of gas VS the bike running richer. Is this a correct assumption? Also, why would dynojet cut that much fuel out of a map down low? Lastly, what should my next step be? Zero map or factory map?....or just change a map so that it is richer down low. Before you say, get a custom map via dyno tune....LOL I will be doing that in the next few months, but for now, I need a quick fix that will get me by. Thanks in advance for all the help.

So I just went through comparing maps for the last hour. I am apparently completely ignorant to the reasoning behind cutting more fuel when you have a better flowing exhaust... It seems like the Yosh map and any other full system map is leaning out the factory setting A LOT and all across the board. Don't you need more fuel when flowing more air through your system? Or is that just my old school way of thinking? LOL I realize that Suzuki had to make a map that ran good at all altitudes and temps, but this is crazy...isn't it? LOL

I had the same setup... It comes pre-loaded with a stock map, not a YOSH map... ;)

The best map that worked for me was the yosh full race exhaust, K&N filter, and Yosh CAMS map. Once you load this map, lean it out a bar using the tuning buttons on the middle zone. The CAMS map will be too rich in the middle, so if you lean her out a bar or two it runs real good with that setup...

Start by de-tuning middle range by one bar. Go ride it and see what you think. Then decrease again by another bar in the mid-range and ride it again. If it don't run as good, kick it back up a bar, but if it runs better, leave it where its at. I tested all kinds of scenarios and I just can't remember if I ended up one bar down in the middle or two with that map.

You can download the maps from the PC website and you will see a hayabusa map in there matching the configuration I mention above...

NearDeath.

I have found that by trial and error that you can load a map and just run one that makes your bike run better. I have a full Akro system with stock filter on and i'm running a map that was downloaded that has nothing to do with either of those things. It runs better with the map i've got now than it did with anything else i've tried. I to had that problem of bogging at low throttle settings but it cleared once i found a map that worked.

Man, I must be blind on that site....I even downloaded all the maps just to be sure. I can't find one with the setup you just described. There was one with Yoshi Stage 1 cams, but it has Akro exhaust and it was for the European model. They don't pull maps off that site....do they? I am having a great day. LOL

I went two richer via buttons on PC (low and mid) and, yeah, it ran worse on the way home. Go figure.

EDIT: I just verified the MAP, it is the PC Yosh Duplex Full exhaust map....

(Sloto200 @ Oct. 03 2007,16:43) I have found that by trial and error that you can load a map and just run one that makes your bike run better. I have a full Akro system with stock filter on and i'm running a map that was downloaded that has nothing to do with either of those things. It runs better with the map i've got now than it did with anything else i've tried. I to had that problem of bogging at low throttle settings but it cleared once i found a map that worked.
At least I am not alone here with that problem. Do you recall if you were running rich or lean when you were having that problem? Like I said in my other post, I richened up up the map I had loaded on there and it ran worse than ever. (I thought I was running lean...guess I need to pull the plugs)

ALL I CAN SAY IS HAVE IT TUNED!!!!!! Stop messing around with go to dyno shop, and have a map made!

HA HA HA yeah, like I said, that is in the works....I just need something to get me by until they can get me in. Also, and more importantly, I want to understand exactly (or at least slightly LOL) what is going on with these maps so I can slightly tweak my tuned map should the weather get colder or warmer....

(psychoticide @ Oct. 03 2007,21:00) HA HA HA  yeah, like I said, that is in the works....I just need something to get me by until they can get me in.  Also, and more importantly, I want to understand exactly (or at least slightly  LOL)  what is going on with these maps so I can slightly tweak my tuned map should the weather get colder or warmer....
You really dont need to tweak the maps, you map sensor will make adjustments as needed!

There has to be people that know (just from reading through this forum, I know that there are quite a few) or want to know how all of this works. I definitely agree that a custom map will make the bike perform as well as it can with the setup a person has. But I need a solution to get me by until then.

Yoshi map is too lean.

Zero's is too rich...a lot of flat spots.

Just tested the Leo Vince map and so far, so good. I will do a highway test this evening. As it seems like I have the most problems after a constant throttle position of 10-20 in the 4000 - 5500 RPM range. After about 15 mins of that, trying to ride slowly through the neighborhood is a nightmare...really rough, erratic surging, and crackling...almost to the point of backfiring.

Dude, the map is in there...
biggrin.gif
Let me download it for you and I will give you the map number... My setup worked great...

(NearDeath @ Oct. 04 2007,09:53) Dude, the map is in there...
biggrin.gif
Let me download it for you and I will give you the map number... My setup worked great...
Ha ha ha I told you I was blind. That would be awesome if you could do that. Thanks.

I see the problem... I use a PCII which has a ton more maps in it than that PCIII has available and naturally all the PCII maps seem to be gone... I will get you the one I was using and you can import it into the PCIII. The PCIII will automatically convert it for you, you just can't go from PCIII to PCII.

Cloud

did the map work?
rock.gif
i have the same setup but my bike is not done yet, so i am just curious as to the outcome of this?

It concerns me that is ran ok and now it does not.... It may not be the map.

Regardless, I have a map you can try. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you tonight.

I am going to need to get the map from my house, I can't find any of the old PCII maps out on the website...

PM me your email address and I will email you the map shortly... There is an option on the PCIII software to improt a .map file which is the old style PCII maps and it will automatically convert it. The values used in the old PCIIs don't directly match up with the new PCIII stuff, so it will need to be converted, don't attempt to plug and play numbers...

NearDeath

(qrychefanus @ Oct. 04 2007,10:11) did the map work?
rock.gif
i have the same setup but my bike is not done yet, so i am just curious as to the outcome of this?
I will let you know as soon as I ride it home this evening. It looks like I will also have two others to try out. Who knows though, you may be ok just using the Yosh map on PC's site....it sure didn't work for me though. LOL

(Professor @ Oct. 04 2007,10:15) It concerns me that is ran ok and now it does not.... It may not be the map.

Regardless, I have a map you can try. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you tonight.
Well, it ran ok with just the TRE on it....when I did the PCIII and the full exhaust...that is when I started to have problems..... When I removed the TRE, I really had problems. LOL

Neardeath -
Thanks for checking on that one for me. I do see the import map option from the software so I will try that when I get the map. Thanks.

Yeah, the Leo Vince map (M312-018.djm) isn't working either. It is like the bike gets in this rhythm when cruising between 4000-5000RPM (throttle barely cracked)... starts sounding really rough, then starts to pop. Once you accelerate out of that range, it is fine again.

Back