Servicing

binx

Registered
Just seeing what services you guys have done or recommend at 8500k. The oils done, brakes are good everything torqued to specs, chain and sprockets new, plugs new, fluids done in spring. Im going to replace the air filter even though its clean. Should I have the throttle bodies synced or valves checked ? I would have to go to a shop to do the last 2 (Gulp). Bike runs fine to me but just want to keep up on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Just seeing what services you guys have done or recommend at 8500k. The oils done, brakes are good everything torqued to specs, chain and sprockets new, plugs new, fluids done in spring. Im going to replace the air filter even though its clean. Should I have the throttle bodies synced or valves checked ? I would have to go to a shop to do the last 2 (Gulp). Bike runs fine to me but just want to keep up on it.

Just ride it :thumbsup:

Oil, lube, check things, kick the tires, wax it and READ the recommended service schedule in your manual. You are wasting money and riding time.:thumbsup:

I would not worry about the last two unless you are experiencing problems that would indicate them being the problem. The valves will more than likely be good until well past 20K miles if you do not beat on the bike. The throttle bodies sync, do when you take it in for something else.

New chain and sprockets, at 8,500 miles?
With proper maintenance and adjustment, those items should last you well into the 20,000 mile range. I just turned 19,500 miles and my chain and sprockets look almost new. (Cleaned and lubed every 300 miles) and no wheelie and burnout BS, etc..

Changed the gearing and got them cheap.

That is the same thing I did. I had 15K on the odometer but went down on the rear sprocket and decided to get a new chain at the same time.

You have your answer. Read the service schedule. It's ridiculous and you are exceeding it.

TB sync at a shop here was told 2-3 hours. That doesnt sound right to me. 200+ for a sync !?

You can but the tool to do the sync for 1/2 that. It took about an hour the first time I did it.

New chain and sprockets, at 8,500 miles?
With proper maintenance and adjustment, those items should last you well into the 20,000 mile range. I just turned 19,500 miles and my chain and sprockets look almost new. (Cleaned and lubed every 300 miles) and no wheelie and burnout BS, etc..

no wheelie and burnout BS, etc..:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back