servicing front forks

falcondive

Registered
has anyone removed their front forks for servicing.
The shop manual says after servicing. they should be installed with the top surface of the fork pushed up against the bottom of the handle bar holder. then tighten in place.
When I removed the forks to begin with they were not against the bottom of the handle bar holder. I could move them up about a 1/8 of a inch.
That means when I install them the bike. It will be a little lower in the front.
Is this the correct position?

First,
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
aboard.

Now, when you removed the forks, there should have been a little plastic ring on the top of the fork. It may be stuck to the underside of the bar holder (clamp). This ring will probably make up that 1/8" that you are referring to.

Anyway - that aside you'll want to make sure that when you reinsert the forks that they are both sticking out the same amount. The reason the manual sez to push the fork up to the top of the handlebar holder is to make sure that you have them the same. (unless you have an aftermarket clamp to allow the front to be lowered.

Lastly - please post up some pics of your scoot! We love pics...besides, it's the
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

hi Lamb busa,
Yes I know about the plastic ring you are talking about.
I was still able to push the fork up though?

Did the shop set the bike up wrong to begin with?

PS I will post some pictures when I get the bike back together.

Back