Servicing a Stored Bike

HOLLYWD23

Registered
Not sure if this is the right place for this so move if needed.
Long story short, I sold my Busa in 2006, the guy rode it for a few months then put it in storage where its been since I bought it back from him last month. My question is what all should I replace since its been up so long?
Also where is the best place for buying parts?

Not sure if this is the right place for this so move if needed.
Long story short, I sold my Busa in 2006, the guy rode it for a few months then put it in storage where its been since I bought it back from him last month. My question is what all should I replace since its been up so long?
Also where is the best place for buying parts?
You might want to buy an inexpensive endoscope. It allows to inspect the tank when emptied. The cylinders with the plugs out. If you don't see signs of water in your master cylinders, I'd just flush and replace the fluids.

Inspect cooling system fluids. A lot of people go years between coolant changes with no issues as long as the coolant was a mix rather than just water.

I would change your injector rubbers and see how the fuel and vacuum lines look.

Once running put a vacuum gauge on it and see what that looks like.

I'm not going to tell you to change just to change rubber. Inspect for sure. But if it was out of the elements they are fairly stable over time.

Tires have a date code. If still in date, I'd not just change until they act like they have say a flat spot or etc.

Good luck. I'll be doing mine soon. The old girl has been stored and I'll be right behind you.

Last edited:
Back