seeking info from Euroland Busa owners

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
it has been brought to my attention that non USA/Canada model Busa's come factory equiped with a headlight/tail light on/off switch.

Is this in fact a true statement?
Is it just a three position switch (off/low/hi)?

And if these statement are true, how can I get one.

I've google searched everything I can think of to find either and answer or a supplier and have come up empty.

If such a part exists, would anyone be interested in making the effort to find a price (USA model switch is about $85.00, but no on/off), and supplying me a vendor, or making arrangements with me for a purchase/delivery amongst ourselves.

here is a link to what the part looks like.

Thank you very much for any info you could possibly verify.

Scott

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: "forgot to mark tracking"|1107925481 -->

it has been brought to my attention that non USA/Canada model Busa's come factory equiped with a headlight/tail light on/off switch.

Is this in fact a true statement?
Is it just a three position switch (off/low/hi)?

And if these statement are true, how can I get one.

I've google searched everything I can think of to find either and answer or a supplier and have come up empty.

If such a part exists, would anyone be interested in making the effort to find a price (USA model switch is about $85.00, but no on/off), and supplying me a vendor, or making arrangements with me for a purchase/delivery amongst ourselves.

here is a link to what the part looks like.

Thank you very much for any info you could possibly verify.

Scott
ONLY TRUE EUROPEAN BIKES HAVE THE SWITCH AND THEN ONLY FROM 99-2003. CANADAIN BIKES ARE JUST LIKE THE US MODELS BUT DIFFERENT COLORS.

TO HAVE A SINGLE SWITCH FLOWN IN FROM EUROPE WITH THE CURRENT RATE OF EXCHANGE THAT SWITCH WILL COST OVER $160 US DOLLARS.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if it in fact controls both the headlight and tail light? And is it just a simple plug in or is rewiring necessary. Hate to spend $160.00...............but I've spent more for less.
rock.gif

mzrsq I dont think thats the case... i just got a 04' busa, which is a european model and it does not have a headlight "switch off"
smile.gif

switch has 3 settings

on
headlight off
all lights off.

I have the switch on my bike and I have sold many used switches on SH.org and here locally. They all work the same.

US/euro 2003+ has a 2 set switch. On/off hazard.

Thanks for the info.     Do you know if it in fact controls both the headlight and tail light?  And is it just a simple plug in or is rewiring necessary.  Hate to spend $160.00...............but I've spent more for less.
rock.gif
There ya go, trust the guy from India with your cash and have him order you a switch and send it from overseas(I'm not responsible if you get screwed). I have told a few guys in the past, for me to go through all of the headaches.(ie: finding someone will to buy the switches, handle the money, frieght, package the switches, phonecalls, email etc) To get NEW OEm switches sent over here, I'd need about 10 orders and cost would be $170+ each switch which would need to be paid for up front. Then odds are you'll be out that cash for nearly 2 months+++ or maybe even more depending on how long it takes for the switches to get to the intial overseas dealer. Once here I would inspect them and test each one. THEN they'd be sent out. God help ya if 2 weeks later they stop working. US dealer can't/won't help ya out.

Patience, I'll get more switches in time. They'll cost allot less than $160 each.

BTW to install the switch. You remove 2 screws and your left upper inner panel.

First you remove 2 screws and the 2 cables that control your throttle. Switch will pretty much fall offf the handlebar now. Trace the line to left side of bike removing tie down points. Unplug line from cluster located in left side connector cluster.

To install, reverse process. Takes me maybe 15-20 minutes tops. First one might take ya an hour if you're acting extra careful.

Thank you so very much for the information suzuki4life. Now my problem is the patience. I want one now
biggrin.gif
I really don't want to wait forever to get one. Any idea's on where to try to find one, used or new?

I was really hoping to take care off all of this when I installed the HID and the Scorpio alarm.

Thanks Again

Thank you so very much for the information suzuki4life.  Now my problem is the patience.  I want one now
biggrin.gif
 I really don't want to wait forever to get one.  Any idea's on where to try to find one, used or new?

I was really hoping to take care off all of this when I installed the HID and the Scorpio alarm.

Thanks Again
I have one on my Busa and one on a Gix1k. They're 99% about the hype. If I honestly knew where to get them at a decent price they'd already be here. MANY topics on thsi one in the last fews months but alsmot no switches have arose. What's that tell ya?

try this guy:

I understand the Hype thing.............Just looking for something clean and original looking. I know I could do the Radio Shack Icemann switch, but if I could get something factory original...........that's the way I'd like to go.

Thanks for that link, hit him up with a PM.

DUH.
blush.gif
I didn't realize till I stopped and looked at the Busa today in storage and then came home and checked this post that the light switch on/off is on the right assembly.

I assumed it was on the left with the low/high switch and turn signal switch.

I feel so stupid!
wow.gif

DUH.
blush.gif
 I didn't realize till I stopped and looked at the Busa today in storage and then came home and checked this post that the light switch on/off is on the right assembly.

I assumed it was on the left with the low/high switch and turn signal switch.

I feel so stupid!
wow.gif
yeah right side "euro" switch has the headlight switch. left side has a "flash to pass" button. Same exact left as found on 2004+ busas

mzrsq & suzuki4life,

If you guys are that serious, send me an email at home! My parents live in Germany and my Dad would be more than happy to run down to the local Suzuki dealer and see what they cost.

Depending what they cost, he could probably order several for who ever wants one. Plus, he could us a VAT form and pay NO TAX!

I don't know if they could cut him a break if he ordered 10 or so but I am sure he would be happy to find out. Hell, he just rides up and down the Autobahn for fun looking for something to do!
laugh.gif

Let me know if you guys still want/need them!

Josh
cool.gif

mzrsq & suzuki4life,

If you guys are that serious, send me an email at home!  My parents live in Germany and my Dad would be more than happy to run down to the local Suzuki dealer and see what they cost.

Depending what they cost, he could probably order several for who ever wants one. Plus, he could us a VAT form and pay NO TAX!

I don't know if they could cut him a break if he ordered 10 or so but I am sure he would be happy to find out.  Hell, he just rides up and down the Autobahn for fun looking for something to do!
laugh.gif

Josh
cool.gif
by all means ask him to find out how much.

mzrsq & suzuki4life,

If you guys are that serious, send me an email at home!  My parents live in Germany and my Dad would be more than happy to run down to the local Suzuki dealer and see what they cost.

I don't know if they could cut him a break if he ordered 10 or so but I am sure he would be happy to find out.  Hell, he just rides up and down the Autobahn for fun looking for something to do!
laugh.gif

Josh
cool.gif
by all means ask him to find out how much.
Count me in on that please.

I have a 2004, the right side switch looks similar but where the on/off switch is on the 03, mine is the hazard lights. I'm with Suzuzki4life, don't think it will work on models later than 2003.:)

I'll tell him to go check it out! Just want to make sure I have everything right?

Part No: 37200-12F10
Disc: R. H. Handle Switch Assy.

I'll let you guys know ASAP.

Josh
cool.gif

I have a 2004, the right side switch looks similar but where the on/off switch is on the 03, mine is the hazard lights. I'm with Suzuzki4life, don't think it will work on models later than 2003.:)
From what I have seen/heard the 04/05 bikes have a different plug on them and it won't work!

Plus you only get the hazzard feature on the 04/05 US spec. No off/on function,etc. with the US switch!

Back