Scorpion EXO1000

Well after reading and researching the Scorpion 1000 I have decided to purchase one and retire my HJC16 after 10 years.
Seems the EXO1000 is a good helmet only complaints I heard were that its a little on the heavy side and if you order one make sure you go +1 on the size they fit tight?
Who is using the EXO1000, What are you opinions on it? What is the best price so far now on the EXO1000 since its not the latest and greatest at the EXO1100 is the new thing.
Ive seeen closeouts at 198.00 free shipping. Any seen a better price, wanting an XL in white

STG has them. motorcyclecloseouts.com, extremcycle.com, their are a few places and relatively cheap. They dont fit like an HJC. HJC is for a rounder head and Scorpions fit more oval. I cut the pads down in my scorpion to fit better. It is not really comfortable for longer rides 45min or more and the wind noise and flow comes up right under the chin and makes a whistle like a tea kettle. Personally they are not worth the money no matter how inexpensive IMHO. I would spend the money elsewhere and get something that is made better, construction feels cheap. My old HJC15 just feels like a better lid. For 200 bones you can find a way better lid. Good luck and again my opinion from owning one, yours may be better.

STG has them. motorcyclecloseouts.com, extremcycle.com, their are a few places and relatively cheap. They dont fit like an HJC. HJC is for a rounder head and Scorpions fit more oval. I cut the pads down in my scorpion to fit better. It is not really comfortable for longer rides 45min or more and the wind noise and flow comes up right under the chin and makes a whistle like a tea kettle. Personally they are not worth the money no matter how inexpensive IMHO. I would spend the money elsewhere and get something that is made better, construction feels cheap. My old HJC15 just feels like a better lid. For 200 bones you can find a way better lid. Good luck and again my opinion from owning one, yours may be better.

Thanks, any opinions are greatly appreciated this where you can get the straight up facts from those that have expierence with a product.
I have no issues with my HJC and it has served me well over the years just figured I would change helmets since I have changed bikes. :beerchug:

Check out an rsr 2 by shark. Very light, very comfy,flows tons of air, quiet for the air flow. Stg did have them for like 60% off around 200 dollars. I love mine, but bought it 3 yrs ago when it was new. Pd like 420 and that was like 200 bones off. Again its a great helmet made of only the finest materials. Its just as good as an arai corsair or shoei x11.
Posted via Mobile Device

how about a proven winner: Shoei RF-1000 in white to match your bike (on ebay for $310 shipped)?
!BOfBR7!B2k~$(KGrHgoOKkUEjlLmVpKoBJu-lNOQ,!~~_12.JPG

Check out an rsr 2 by shark. Very light, very comfy,flows tons of air, quiet for the air flow. Stg did have them for like 60% off around 200 dollars. I love mine, but bought it 3 yrs ago when it was new. Pd like 420 and that was like 200 bones off. Again its a great helmet made of only the finest materials. Its just as good as an arai corsair or shoei x11.
Posted via Mobile Device

Checked it out also the price of a face shield. 79.95 :moon:
Little high for me, I like to have 3 different shield colors, clear, yellow and smoke for different riding days, and that would mean an additional 160 for shields. Yes its lighter then the Scorpion, but I am a big guy that doesnt do touring on my busa so weight is not in the top 3 importance factor, also Shark isnt snell approved so that may cause issues at tracks if I do go to any.
Thanks though, watched the review.:beerchug:

Checked it out also the price of a face shield. 79.95 :moon:
Little high for me, I like to have 3 different shield colors, clear, yellow and smoke for different riding days, and that would mean an additional 160 for shields. Yes its lighter then the Scorpion, but I am a big guy that doesnt do touring on my busa so weight is not in the top 3 importance factor, also Shark isnt snell approved so that may cause issues at tracks if I do go to any.
Thanks though, watched the review.:beerchug:

the reason the shields are so expensive is that they are a full 3mm thick. they also have an anti fog coating that works very well. its not snell, but its ece certified.... i believe thier testing is more stringent. i understand though and the scorpion is a good helmet for the price. i almost bought one till i found the rsr2.

Not to confuse the issue or anything, but I wear the Exo-1000 and I love it. It fits like a dream, I don't notice any discomfort after 4 hours of riding. I've tried the sharks, and found them to be uncomfortable after a short time, but that's really just a matter of head shape. As for the ECE-2205 vs Snell, the jury is still out. They're just different tests. The down side of the ECE is that they fully disclose their testing process and impact points to the manufacturers, and several of those manufacturers have admitted that ECE is easier to pass since they can plan, design, and reinforce based around a specific set o tests and impacts rather than making a helmet that has to be equally resilient from all angles and impacts, or at least that's what I found when I researched the two of them about 6 months ago.

We live here in the USA and all I reconize is Snell and DOT. If Shark wanted to expand to the US then they need to do what they need to do to get the SNELL approval. All tracks I raced at always checked Snell approval, so this could be an issue.
3MM thick?? Thats all great if you have a bouldar bounce up and your reaction time isnt quick enough to turn your head, or some lil kid on the side of the road shooting his Red Ryder BB gun at you, You'll Shoot your Eye out.... not the case if I have a 3MM thick faceshield:rofl:

I have an EX0-1000 and I love it. I did have to order an XXL, my Shoei was an XL. I am a big guy (20" neck) so the weight is not an issue. The built sun glasses are awesome. It flows a lot of air but it just a bit noisey. I wear ear plugs for long rides anyway. I think you will love it.

Don

Got the exo1000 from Cycle gear for about $60 , I have a Cardio headset in it and like it better from my last Scorpion Exo 700.

I have the Exo1000 and I love it. I will agree that after a few hours in the saddle it can be a little heavy but it never really bothers me. I usually have plugs in so the wind noise is also not an issue for me. I wear glasses and I love the fact that I can drop the sunscreen over my glasses and it does not touch. Saves me from having to get prescription sunglasses or try to fumble with clip ons. Also the sunscreen doubles as a half shield on those really hot days which allows a nice amount of airflow while still protecting your eyes and blocking the sun. I don't really use the pump feature as the helmet sits pretty snug, but they do run a little small so go +1 on the size. I ended up going with the XXL. My buddy has one also and I know he uses the cheek pump to make it fit a little better (abnormal head maybe?).

I almost went with a Scorpion (my wife has an exo 400 & really likes it). I ended up with a Bell Star, which fits the same head shape as the Scorpion.
I had an HJC that I rettired because it didn't fit the shape of my head... so if the HJC fits your head shape well, then you may not like how the exo 1000 fits your head.

HJC = round head
Scorpion = between round and oval head
Bell Star = between round and oval head

I have a scorpian exo400 with the inflatable padding.Its nice, pretty quiet but its fit is off for me.Its for an oval head I guess and it puts pressure on my forehead.Nice helmets for one that costs less than most.

Back