Scorpion EXO-700 Wind in your face

TxThundar

Registered
Well I know Scorpion is a step down from Shoei (at least in my book) and I was fine with picking up a black EXO-700 for my other bike a Star Roadliner. But now it seems that on the 08 Busa I get a lot more wind in my face. Almost like the air is being directed up under my chin into my eyes. I just added the Suzuki double bubble windshield and that seems to help a bit, and I have the cold weather chin guard on the EXO-700, any one else notice a lot of wind in your face, my Shoe X-Eleven is loader but there is not a contant wind in your face feeling like the Scorpion.

Had the same issue with the EXO-700 But the cold weather chin guard cured it I know own the EXO-1000 and do not have that problem at all it is a much better upgrade to the EXO-700. If you have any more questions let me know. Oh and welcome to the org
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the reply rubber2burn. I have tried the cold weather chin guard does not seem to help, the double bubble windshield makes it ok, but I have start using my old blue and white Shoei again. Wife does not want me to get a new color matched Shoei. I think the differance is the chin guard on the Shoei comes back further. I have a small chin also which may not help, guess I should put on some more weight.

The small chin guard could be the problem the one I have sets back under my chin about 1/2 inch. Take a look at the EXO-1000 Much better helmet IMO
thumb_up.gif
allot quitter as well

I've worn the 700 for a few years now and love it. Great ventilation!
laugh.gif
Its a great summer helmet but is a tad breezy in the winter so I wear a fleece neck gaiter when its really cold. Not a problem.

I just started wearing the scorpions - have 2 now. I think they more comfortable than my icons, but much noiser. I have to wear ear plugs if i go a long distance

Is this the aero skirt you have, if so I must have a really small chin. My Shoei goes straight across does not arc like this one, which I think is the difference. I like the EXO-700 overall, and the extra air flow is good for hot weather, but bad for dirt in your eyes during dusty weather and not good for cold weather, unless you wear a ski mask.

aeroskirt_thumb.jpg

Ok I think I figured the wind in my face problem. I had the breath guard in and it was directing the air from teh bottom of the helmet up into my eyes. I removed that this morning and that cut the air flow down. I can still tell the air is coming into the helmet, but it is not blowing into my eyes anylonger. I don't seem to get anymore condensation on the visor either with out the breath guard, so thier anti fog treatment seems to relieve the need for that. I guess I do not have an excuse for a new helmet now. Oh well. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Is this the aero skirt you have, if so I must have a really small chin. My Shoei goes straight across does not arc like this one, which I think is the difference. I like the EXO-700 overall, and the extra air flow is good for hot weather, but bad for dirt in your eyes during dusty weather and not good for cold weather, unless you wear a ski mask.
No Mine goes staight across as well ordered it from Tucker Rocky I think it has been a while so I am not sure.

I wore both an RF-1000 and an EXO-700 when I had the ZRX and loved them both. The Scorpion didn't fit my head shape (think Arai Profile, long oval) as well as the Shoei and I had to spoon the s**t out of the front, right eyebrow region. Other than that the Scorp was great, just now there's a color clash, big time. Green Geronimo graphics and a blue Busa.
puke.gif

So the Shoei is back in black and as always fits and feels fine until I can swing the $500 for the afore mentioned Arai Profile.
laugh.gif

Back