Scorpion EXO-1000

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
I just purchased the New EXO-1000 and thought I would share with all how I thought it preformed on the first ride. Well I rode into work this morning it was pretty cool was 62 according to the weather guy I know I know not as cold as up North like I said it was cool. Well I dawned the new lid and headed to work and I have to say the Helmet preformed really well. Being a new Helmet as expected it had no real lift at speed I took her up to 100 MPH to see if I could get any out of the EXO but it did not move but that was to be expected from a new lid. Also while at speed the Helmet was really quite as well I was quite impressed it was allot quieter than my EXO-700 and I ride with no Music or Ear Plugs. Now for a couple of other things the Flip down inner visor when I rode Sunday in the Big Texas Toy Run it really worked out nice but I think Scorpion could have come up with a better design it has a lever just behind were the primary visor connects to the outside if the helmet and the lever is very flimsy also I am not sure if it because of the design or because the helmet it not broke in but the inner shade visor sticks some times when trying to get it to flip down while riding. Next the pump up cheek pads functioned really well and I have nothing to really say about them so far good design. As for air flow the helmet flows nicely and you don't get allot of wind inside the helmet. As far as over all weight of the helmet it is a little heavier than say an Arai RX-7 corsair but I like a little bit heavier helmet anyway. So with all that said if I had to rate this helmet I would give it a solid 9 in my book could not give it a 10 due to the poor design of the internal visor. Once I have the new Lid Broke in I will give you folks an update.

EXO_1000.jpg

Thanks for sharing I have the 700 crackhead
and love it but the inside is a little noisy.
I have been thinking about the 1000 may give
it a try when I get the money right
thumb_up.gif

Lamb loves the idea of the inner sunglasses! Looked at thisa helmet a lil at the cycle show. Bummer that the visor feels flimsy though. So much of the longevity of helmets is in the visor area.

Well Lamb HJC makes a version to and I did not like their design much eaither. Their Visor felt flimsey as well. The EXO-1000 flip down visor is replaceable don't know if the HJC's is replacable.

Well Lamb HJC makes a version to and I did not like their design much eaither. Their Visor felt flimsey as well.  The EXO-1000 flip down visor is replaceable don't know if the HJC's is replacable.
Love the look. Scorpion performs very well in the crash ratings and they have cool paint jobs

I have the same helmet in blue, I'll second that it performs excellent. My inner sheild get stuck sometimes too, but overall it is a great lid.
thumb_up.gif

Awesome Adam,
I have a question for you tho. How dark is that internal visor and does it negate the need for sunglasses?

Don

Awesome Adam,
  I have a question for you tho.  How dark is that internal visor and does it negate the need for sunglasses?

Don
To answer you question Don it was Dark enough for me not to have to wear Sun Glasses and my eyes are light sensitive normally I have to war Dark polorized lens when I ride but I did not have to use sunglasses at all.

Thanks for the writeup I had heard somewhere that the 1000 didn't flow very well. Glad to hear a different opinion.

Nice looking helmet.. I have the 700 crackhead also and I might get a new lid this year.. Thanks for the write-up. I am kind of leaning towards the 1000 anyways...
thumb_up.gif

That is an awesome helmet. I've been so hooked on the Shoei's. I am buying a new helmet in the next couple months. I may just give the Scorpion a try.

I love my EXO-1000, no complaints so far. I really like the flip-down visor. No more sunglasses or having to change shields.

i jsut bought the exo-700 anthracite from the bike show in cleveland this weekend. when i tried it on, it fit like a glove and i had to have it!! should be here by friday sonce they didnt have the color i wanted at the show...

Back