Scorpion Exo-1000

Rauzer

Donating Member
Registered
I know there's an older thread on this, but it doesnt answer my question. I'm very close to buying this helmet. I saw a review online and it said the flip-down shield isnt optically correct. I'm not quite sure what that means.

My question is, those of you that have this helmet, have you had any issues riding with the visor down all day?? Does having the 2 shields mess with your eyes? I'm trying to avoid carrying the dark shield to work in the AM. But I also do all day long rides where the flip-down shield would be used all the time. Any advice??

Optically correct means it does not distort your view, never tried the flip downs but their standard shields are optically correct.

I have one and I love it! I got the tinted visor and run all the time with the inner visor down as well as shown here.

2009-03-10_171531.jpg

Have one here also. Love it. No problems with the clear or the flip down tinted "sunglass" shield. The only problem with the helmet, I found, it isn't very aerodynamic over 120 mph. If you do a head check over 100, it wants to grab the air flow. Otherwise, a good helmet. And pretty quiet too.

Thanks guys. Guess I'll order one. Seems $309 is the cheapest price I can find for an Apollo version in White.

pm paulie1300, I got mine for less than that from him.....

yep i agree the 2 negatives is that its heavy and not very aero dynamic. At 180 the front vent flew off the helmet.

the reason i got it was for the 2 visors, sometimes i have problems getting it down but its usually bc i put it up too hard. Ridding all day with just the inner visor down is great. Think i go about 60-70 before the wind bothers my eyes and put the main visor down.

Back