Scorpion Bolt On Exhaust

RedNeckBusaBoy

Registered
Hey Gang,

I have been through over 300 posts on exhaust types, pro's and cons etc. Here is the lowdown.

Got my 04 Busa and want to put bolts ons. Not looking for more power or having to add a $350.00 Power Commander, or take apart my whole bike to install. All I want to do is have a real nice growl while I am tooling around. My lawn mower sounds meaner than my bike.. hee he

I have only used two types of exhaust. Kerker (Full System Sharks on a CBR1000F Hurricane) and Sorpion (Slip on 2002 Katana 750). Cant find Kerkers anymore. So I went with the Scoprion slip on for the Katana. Oh my god, I love the sound of my Katana after the install. I still take her out once a week just so I can hear the growl.

Problem is the Busa is a different beast and I was wondering if anybody out there has Scorpions on currently or in the past or has heard them on the Busa? Not sure if I will get the same sound on the Busa as I do on my Katana

I am looking for loud, but a clean, powerful loud. I have heard loud pipes that just sound like crap. Raspy and noisey aint what I am looking for. Just would like a chance to avoid spending money for something I may not like.

Sorry for being a pain, but thanks for the help.

Never heard them. I think Bigbsbusa has them on his bike.
HERE is a link to Scorpions site which has 2 sound clips of the exhaust on a Busa.

Am I mistaken or didnt scorpion become Acropovic?
smile.gif

Hi there,

Due to the antics of the North Yorkshire Police re noisy end cans, I recently and very reluctantly sold my Scorpion round carbon race cans and a Power Commander 2.

Having previously has various aftermarket cans eg ART, Blueflame on my bikes, I bought the Scorpions off E-bay for a very good price. Ist thing I like about them was the logo was engraved on the endcap and not stuck along the side like so many. 2nd thing was the noise they made....Oh Yes!

I "toured" around Belgium with them on and at idle they seemed to be "hunting" and the power delivery was a bit lacking up to about 6.5K. Solved with the PC2 and a good set up by a local Dynojet operator. No problems at all after that.

However, our local constabulary have decided to dispense with handing out "Rectification Notices" which allow you 7 days to refit your road-legal exhaust and are simply writing out tickets for fines and points on your licence. Of course, everything else comes under Police scrutiny e.g. too small number plates, mini indicators etc. Aint life a #####!

Anyway from my experience, Scorpion cans are good value.

cheers
Delboybusa

I have the duel scorpions on my 2005. They sound great, low rumble at lower rpms, and they growl realy nicely when the rpms get up on the tact.

I love my Yoshi RS3. Have tried D&D n Akrapovic. But the Yoshi is still the best to me. My buddies love them too.:laugh:

Hi there,

Due to the antics of the North Yorkshire Police re noisy end cans, I recently and very reluctantly sold my Scorpion round carbon race cans and a Power Commander 2.

Having previously has various aftermarket cans eg ART, Blueflame on my bikes, I bought the Scorpions off E-bay for a very good price. Ist thing I like about them was the logo was engraved on the endcap and not stuck along the side like so many. 2nd thing was the noise they made....Oh Yes!

I "toured" around Belgium with them on and at idle they seemed to be "hunting" and the power delivery was a bit lacking up to about 6.5K. Solved with the PC2 and a good set up by a local Dynojet operator. No problems at all after that.

However, our local constabulary have decided to dispense with handing out "Rectification Notices" which allow you 7 days to refit your road-legal exhaust and are simply writing out tickets for fines and points on your licence. Of course, everything else comes under Police scrutiny e.g. too small number plates, mini indicators etc. Aint life a #####!

Anyway from my experience, Scorpion cans are good value.

cheers
Delboybusa

oh dear............im a north yorkshire rider and i have 2 stubby scorpion cans on my busa :(

by the way they do sound lurvvvly!

Back