exhaust ????

busa854

Donating Member
Registered
Hi everybody, I've been reading this site for a couple of months now and have really learned a lot. It's a great site. I bought an 05 busa in April and haven't done anything to it yet, but I would like to install some slip ons soon. One of my main concerns is the sound. I want it to really growl. I have heard busas with yoshis and they sound good. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any slip ons that sounded better or louder? Appreciate any feedback.

well dont know from experence but everyone says d&d are the loudest. your neibors will not like you anymore
laugh.gif
and welcome to the board

Yoshi slip ons are good. I had them then went with the full system HMF...I think the HMF is the sound you are looking for.

Welcome to the board. Can't help a whole lot here, since I never went the slip on route, just went with a full Hindle setup. Any pics?

Welcome to the board.  Can't help a whole lot here, since I never went the slip on route, just went with a full Hindle setup.  Any pics?
Hey guys, just found this site.  Looks great!

IB, how do you like the Hindle setup?  I'm thinking about getting Hindle slip ons...
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=100_0254

copy and paste for a short burn out vid with a Hindle Exhaust.
Takes a little to load 1.6mb but it should show up.....speakers turned up!!!!!

There's a few Busa's in your area with pipes. If you can, come up to I-57 Dragstrip Friday night, there will be at least 3 up there, Mine with a Yosh RS-3, jmaz with a Yosh TRS hi-mount and Hoot with a Hindle. That way you can get a better idea of what you want. Welcome to the board.

Before you spend the money on the slip-ons, just keep in mind your going to buy a full system at some time anyways. Put the money towards that or some other mod. Then just do the full system.

Full system is the only way to go. I just got my BrockHindle system today (it has been on backorder for a month). Looks/sounds great and builds good HP.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna try to go to the local track to listen to Mr. Brown's busa and a couple others there. Will going with the full system void the warranty??

Welcome to the board
smile.gif

Slip ons are a waste of money....they don't add any more than 1 or 2 HP....spend a little more and do it right the first time
wink.gif

Full exhaust, PC, custom map....alot of people think that all they want to do is bolt on some new louder mufflers and then latter they want more power and are stuck with the quick fix.

Start up a seperate savings account just for your Busa mods...your goin' need it
tounge.gif
....do some research and do the mods right the first time.

Take your time and get to know your bike, you have plenty of time to customize it.

If you are looking for a set of Yoshi I have a pair of RS3 carbon fiber for sale $450 includes shipping I paid 750.00 1yr ago very good condition no dings.

I think I may have decided to go with hmf full system after listening to sageronin's sound clip, but 450 dollars is a lot cheaper. Got pics?

I just finished bolting on a set of Yosh Carbon Fiber RS3 Race cans on my new '05. I did not mean to do it, but I went into Star Cycle in Canyon Country CA and the sales person had just put a set of the same cans on his new '05 and he assured me that they did not backfire and that the bike still ran just fine. And then, I realized that the carbon fiber would match my grey bike perfectly. And, I wanted a little more exhaust note than stock. Next thing I know I was heading up to Frazier Park in my Mustang to pick up the cans at Star Cycle's warehouse, and my wallet was much lighter since I ordered some Heli-Bars too, which they will ship to me next week. So mods are: centerstand; Yosh cans; and bars to come, all in the first week. And, I promised NO mods on the Busa.
Anyway, the Yosh cans are pretty loud by my standards, but they do not backfire, and other than a little hesitation right off idle, they seem to work just fine with the stock tune. Now the bike sounds like it has some power. I will take a pic tomorrow if I remember and post it since IMHO, they look really sharp with the color of the bike.

Back