Scorpio Install

busa_boy_69

Registered
Okay guys I have ran into a serious issue. I was installing this thing with the help of the ICEMANS walkthrough and everything was smooth sailing. The main module is mounted in and working, the perimeter sensor is in place and functioning just like it should, but the anti hijack is where I am stuck. We wired in the wrong place and when I pulled the clutch in it STARTED the bike. Now I undid it all and am back to square one. I need to know where EXACTLY are the wires you are supposed to splice? Is it just orange and white or are there 2 different color wires? Also where exactly do you access the wires at? Anyone who has some detailed looking pics of this would be a HUGE help. I have everything wired up except this and I won't be able to even get tech support until Tuesday. I don't wanna wait until then. Thanks in advance guys.

i used the orange and white commin of the ecu under the drivers seat if you cut back the tape and expose the harness you will see the orange and white wire , that was on my 05 , i dont know if other years are different , it took me like 2 weeks to get up the courage to cut the wire . lol!
biggrin.gif

1 wire orange with a white stripe , cut the wire , and use the anti hijack ,it has 2 wires , connect each end of the anti hijack to an orangew/white stripe leaving the orange w/ white stripe not conected except through the anti hijack module

1 wire orange with a white stripe , cut the wire , and use the anti hijack ,it has 2 wires , connect each end of the anti hijack to an orangew/white stripe  leaving the orange w/ white stripe  not conected except through the anti hijack module
I see what your saying now. So I take the two wires off the hijack unit, cut into the orange/white wire leaving 2 ends of it open, then connect each of the hijack wires to those orange/white ends is that correct? Also where do you cut the orange wire at cuz there are a couple locations I am finding it?

i cut mine about 3 inches from the ecu just under the drivers seat , leave enough room to work , i wanted to be able to get to it easily encase i had a failure and my bike thought i was hijackin it !
biggrin.gif
yeah you have the idea , cut the orange wire with the white stripe , then use the anti hijack module to reconect the orange with the white stripe

in the end you should have
orangew/white stripe connected to one wire from antihijack module , then the module , then the other wire commin from the antihijack module connected to the other orange w/white stripe

you are basicaly splicing in a remote switch that will break the ignition , when you hit the buttons that little box cuts the orange w /white stripe wire

Okay I now know what to do with the wiring BUT time for next dumb question. I am not sure where the ecu unit is or what it looks like. I know you said under the seat do you mean DIRECTLY under it or under it and on the side a little?

Thanks dude. Is that the area where there are two plug type connectors just about the battery? I see a orange and white wire coming out of one of those plugs. I just wanna make sure before i cut again.

thats it , just cut it far enough away from the connector so you can work , like 3 inches , cut away !

Well just a little update for you guys. The scorpio is now on the bike correctly and the hijack is working fine. Took a little more thinking than I though it would to install it but now she is all done. Lets see some Arsehole thieves mess with my baby now. haha

Back