scorpio i900 - install question

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
Ive searched and searched about this install... do you think i will be ok without the anti-hijack device??

Ive searched and searched about this install... do you think i will be ok without the anti-hijack device??

yes and if you decide to install the anti hijack put it on the fuel so it shuts off fuel instead of the ignition kill like it says, my bike was cutting out due to having the thing wired into the ignition kill like it says

the hijack option has been debated. There are alot of variables that need to be met for it to be effective. One being you have the remote in your hand while it is being stolen to cut it off. If I remember right you have to signal the shut down.

Does the alarm have to be on/locked for the anti-hijack to work the ignition kill in case of hot wiring?...if so, with the perimeter and motion sensors on you will be alerted that your bike is getting messed with. Does the i-900 have the built in battery back up?

the hijack option has been debated. There are alot of variables that need to be met for it to be effective. One being you have the remote in your hand while it is being stolen to cut it off. If I remember right you have to signal the shut down.

Does the alarm have to be on/locked for the anti-hijack to work the ignition kill in case of hot wiring?...if so, with the perimeter and motion sensors on you will be alerted that your bike is getting messed with. Does the i-900 have the built in battery back up?

wow, i might just leave it off then. id rather have my hand around the guys neck than have it on the remote.

as for the back up battery, i hope it does. I didnt see any upgrade option for it.

I can get with you next sometime Friday or Saturday next week if you need any help with the install. I'll be out of town this weekend.

BWT...The Anti-Hijack module is a "fail closed" relay. The only time it interrupts the connection is while the alarm is in the "Help Me", or triggered state. The rest of the time it has a complete circuit.

If it doesn't, it's defective.

The orange/wire or red/blue at the fuel relay can both be used. I used the red/blue wire at the pump and it works well. When using the panic mode it will take 20 seconds before the anti-hijack disconnects the power, then another 5 to 15 seconds before the fuel runs out enough to stall the engine. It may not appear to work when you test it, so let the alarm go off until the bike shuts itself off. Mine shuts down 28 to 30 seconds after I trigger the panic. Your results may differ.

I can get with you next sometime Friday or Saturday next week if you need any help with the install. I'll be out of town this weekend.

BWT...The Anti-Hijack module is a "fail closed" relay. The only time it interrupts the connection is while the alarm is in the "Help Me", or triggered state. The rest of the time it has a complete circuit.

If it doesn't, it's defective.

The orange/wire or red/blue at the fuel relay can both be used. I used the red/blue wire at the pump and it works well. When using the panic mode it will take 20 seconds before the anti-hijack disconnects the power, then another 5 to 15 seconds before the fuel runs out enough to stall the engine. It may not appear to work when you test it, so let the alarm go off until the bike shuts itself off. Mine shuts down 28 to 30 seconds after I trigger the panic. Your results may differ.

Thanks for the offer to help with the install! A co-worker and I are gonna install the alarm (without the hijack) here in an hour, maybe we can meet up and install the hijack with me?

wow, i might just leave it off then. id rather have my hand around the guys neck than have it on the remote.

as for the back up battery, i hope it does. I didnt see any upgrade option for it.

You can change those setting so no one will even know it's alarmed unless they mess with it. I don't even use the proximity sensor unless I have my tank bag or saddle bags on the bike. The rest of the time I just arm it with the shock and motion sensors. You're i900 has a battery built inside it.

You can change those setting so no one will even know it's alarmed unless they mess with it. I don't even use the proximity sensor unless I have my tank bag or saddle bags on the bike. The rest of the time I just arm it with the shock and motion sensors. You're i900 has a battery built inside it.

Thats what I would wanna go with. Ill have to read the manual to figure that part out. Thats all with the remote right?

Thanks for the offer to help with the install! A co-worker and I are gonna install the alarm (without the hijack) here in an hour, maybe we can meet up and install the hijack with me?

NP. Do everything you feel comfortable doing, then PM me with any other questions. I won't be able to meet up until after I return from Cali next week.

Yep battery backup is installed. I found out the hard way when I pulled my battery out last fall. The Darn thing wouldn't shut off even with out the power.

another question...system is in... the perimeter sensor works..but the shock and tilt doesnt...
I had a friend test it, he sat on it and stood it up..and the alarm just said perimeter but not tilt or shock...any idea?

another question...system is in... the perimeter sensor works..but the shock and tilt doesnt...
I had a friend test it, he sat on it and stood it up..and the alarm just said perimeter but not tilt or shock...any idea?

try it without the perimeter set and see if it goes of with someone moving it.

everything works great, just messing with the perimeter settings now, the tilt and shock has a big delay and the shock is set to 5 but it takes a pretty big hit to make it go off.

other than that. it works.

everything works great, just messing with the perimeter settings now, the tilt and shock has a big delay and the shock is set to 5 but it takes a pretty big hit to make it go off.

other than that. it works.

Not sure, but can you adjust the motion/shock? It has been 3 years since I put mine on and dont remember, but I know as soon as mine is picked off the stand it goes off.

I set the perimeter to about 50% and the shock to 5 (most sensitive) and if someone goes up and rocks it or bounces on it, the perimeter goes off and thats it.

shock works if i turn off perimeter.

I installed my anti hi-jack, hopefully I will never need it, but it will be nice if I do. They won't get far with my bike. I used the fuel to disable mine as well. I have the I-500.

Back