Scorpio SR-I900 install write-up/walkthrough

88turborx7

Registered
I've spent over an hour searching for Iceman's write-up but cannot find it. He did one for the I500, would it be the same thing?

what do you need to know...i have the 900 series scorpio..installed it myself and no problems with it..

and i havent seen the write up for the i500 but would say it would be very close to the same thing to install as the i900

Anyone? I am going to attempt to install it tomorrow and am hoping for some last minute input, I know there is a write-up somewhere..just can't find it!

Well, I just got through installing my SR-I900 with perimeter sensor and ignition disable and.....nothing happens....just as I figured. I don't think there is any power going to the Main Control Module. The taillight is always on too so it is obviously the wiring. I bought the bike used and the previous owner put on a Rumble Cyclops undertail and hacked the crap out of the wiring so I couldn't use the factory connector kit I bought. I used the generic connector and connected it according to the instructions. The taillight connectors were obvious. I connected the orange connector to the brown tailight wire (actually my brown wire has been spliced together with a yellow wire that goes to the taillight?) and the black ground connector to the black/white wire which also goes to the taillight. I've included a pic, I am pretty confident that everything else is fine. I wired the ignition disable to the yellow/black fuel pump relay instead of the starter relay which seems to be the preferred method.

Diagram.jpg

I fixed it! I wasn't connected to the black and white wire but rather the white and black. Now it works like a charm!

Back