Left tail removal for Scorpio i900 install

kevykev

Registered
What's up everyone
I received my Scorpio i900 today. I can’t figure out how to remove the left tail section.I found a thread about the removal but it was for a GEN1. I have a 2008. Could anyone Give me instructions on a GEN 2 left tail removal. Any other i900 install tips for a 2008 would be greatly appreciated also.
Thanks

The tail section comes off as one piece. Remove all the bolts on top and sides remove push pins and she'll come right off. Just had mine off to install Hot Bodies black out kit.

Last edited:
You have to remove:
4 push pins from the bottom
Frank bolts
seat or cowl
Grab bar if on
2 black phillip head bolts on the top
slide the tail back a few inches and disconnect the brake light
don't forget the lock cable...

The install is easy if you brought the wiring harness. The hardest part is the ignition\fuel kill, you really don't need it.

Last edited:
The tail section is one piece, it has turn signal pods, but they attach to the tail section.

YOu don't have to remove the tail... I tucked that one receiver near the end of the tail where the prop rod sits. I installed the whole system and didn't remove anything but the two seats

Remove the tail and mount it horizontaly to the left lower subframe bar where the pod is widest and it will fit no problem. That way you keep everything you can out of the trunk.. I have i900 mounted there. :thumbsup:

Whatever you do, don't forget to hook the locking mech back up before installing rear seat, or hump. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Please post pics while you installing if you haven't started already... I will be installing mine too and they would really help. Also include tips if any.. Thanks!

Whatever you do, don't forget to hook the locking mech back up before installing rear seat, or hump. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Yeah, good times to be had there... I did it when I installed my blacked out tailights... not so much fun... but got lucky and quickly fixed

Please post pics while you installing if you haven't started already... I will be installing mine too and they would really help. Also include tips if any.. Thanks!

Thanks guys for the tail removal info. I removed the tail so I could check out all mounting options. It seems like this is the best for me. Neobusa you can use the (still attached) reflector as a reference point. I had to use my Iphone camera(regular camera broke). The 3 hardest things about this install was trying to get those Frankenstien bolts out, deciding where to mount mount the main unit and which wire to cut for the ignition disable module and it's location. I still have not figured that one out. There is alot of controversy over that on this board. I will call the 1-800 number. I will post more oics whan I am done

MCM mounted.jpg

Back