Scheduled Maintenance

Monty

Registered
Whats up everyone....

I have 1100 miles on my baby now and have not yet returned to the dealer to have the scheduled maintenance done.  I know I missed the 600 mile (too much fun ridin, didn't want to hand her over for God knows how long) and maybe another, I'll have to check my manual.

Here's the thing.....was thinking I wanted them to do the 600 mile just to make sure all is cool.....torque specs etc, just a good once over.  I've already changed the oil in her 3 times, 25 miles, 500 miles and 1000 miles.

My dealer said the 600 mile checkup would be "about $295" and that's a lot of bread....just don't know if it's worth it.  Also wondering if I may run into warranty issues later if I don't take it in.....

Any thoughts???

Thanks
Monty

$295
rock.gif
dang!!!!

mine only costed like $120
tounge.gif

bump.gif

No thoughts?? I'm not looking for anyone to make this decision for me, just wanted to hear others thoughts on the matter. Would prefer doing my own maintenance, but can help but think maybe these first few are a necessary evil from a warranty standpoint...

I would have the dealer do ATLEAST one check up on it to make sure everything is coshar. After that its free roam.

I also got this 325 for the firts tune up
Went to canada see the family, paid 175 canadian dollars
that is like 25 bucks
biggrin.gif

Depends on what you mean by "warranty issues". Suzuki will stand behind the bike for the 12 monnths.
Whether you had the 1st service done or not. But lets just say that on day 400 you have something
break that 40 days ago would have been covered. When your dealership tries to help you out by trying
to warranty it with Suzuki the 1st thing out of the Reps mouth once he hears how old the bike is will be,
" Did he have the 1st service done? Does he have the bike serviced regularly?"
Suzuki strongly feels that the 1st service should be performed by a Suzuki tech. For the rest of the services
(4K,7.5K etc.) they just want some proof that SOMEONE serviced the bike. You, your brother, SOMEONE. The they
rely on the dealership for its opinion on whether it was abuse or a defect. So yes your 600 mile Service is
important. Not mention you want to get that filthy break in oil out of your motor ASAP!

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "937"|1085523147 -->

Back