Scar's New 08

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Here's a pic of my new bike (taken Saturday; picked it up on Friday).

More to come, but wanted to get this out there.

Suffice it to say, the '08 Busa is, mechanically, a completely different bike.

IF YOU HAVEN'T RIDDEN ONE, GIVE YOURSELF A GIFT AND SEEK ONE OUT!

Scar

Scar_s_08_Busa__e_.jpg

Bigger, better, faster, more.

I'm faster in the twisties, the shifting is like chocolate butter, the clutch action is smoooooth, the brakes are among the best available on a production bike, the center of gravity feels a little taller, so (for me) it's easier to get down in the canyons, the feedback from the suspension is spot on.

I don't want anyone to think that I don't still RAVE about my '06.  There's nothing else like it.  The '08, however, is simply (off the production line) IMO, a more capable machine.

My plan is to keep the '06 pristine, so I suspect I'll be spending a lot more time on the '08.  I have already logged 400 miles since Friday afternoon.

In sum, YEE-HAH!

=============================
Edit: I forgot to mention, pictures do NOT do this bike justice. You have to see it to fully appreciate the change in it's appearance.

Scar

Nice! Thats my fave color for 08. Next year, I am shoppin for one. Congrats !
beerchug.gif

Congrats to you! Saw my first '08 in person yesterday. Thought it was just a lot of hype about them looking better in person, but they really, really do. The tail end is really much more tolerable in person. Almost had to reconsider my decision about rebuilding Baby J, but will let the aftermarket catch up a bit before thinking about taking the plunge.

Conrgats Bro! Wow it really sounds like they improved on her, maybe somehow some way I'll get to ride one as for now I'm still stoked about my 07! More pics please!!
bowdown.gif

Congratulations,
I bought myself one two weeks ago and just love it.
It is a definite improvement over the old one. I especially like knowing what gear i'm in as I approach corners and turns without relying on my sometimes faulty memory.
I have the blue one.

In sum, YEE-HAH!
Congrats... you're obviously diggin' all the changes from the Gen I bikes.
thumb_up.gif

Concur with your observations, save the brakes comment. For me, personally, the jury is still out on this issue. They seem to be pretty good once the pads are thoroughly bedded in, but they were a little scary up till then....

Congrats...I have the Orange and black one very nice bike.
bowdown.gif
Dude, I debated long and hard about the Orange/Black vs. the Charcoal/Black. The Orange is such a striking visual...which has it's good and bad points. I'm sure you know what they are...
laugh.gif

I finally opted for the stealthier version because we tend to launch ourselves (me and my riding buds) into the view of many police, sheriffs, and CHP, so I decided to try to not be a cinder in the public eye.

I still love the orange, though; congratulations to you, too, and MANY SAFE, FUN, HAPPY MILES.
beerchug.gif

More pix (from our ride, yesterday) shortly.

Scar

Back