08 ebay body kits

Slowboy

Registered
Just wondering have any members bought a body kits off of ebay? Got a friend that just bought an 08 busa on friday and let his friend ride on saturday and flipped his bike. And is now thinking bout buying a complete body kit of ebay for $500. Told him that didn't sound right or couldn't be true for the price!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ouch. How about said friend buy new plastics from dealer. Honda east Toledo can help you out. Those cheap plastics don't have a good reputation.

Now that I think about it, I might encourage (translated as forcefully make) my friend the expert pilot just buy what was left of the bike and I would go find me another one.

mixed reviews but here's a "positive" (Gen I): https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/139417-gen-1-hong-kong-plastics-pics.html

another satisfied customer
newfairings1.jpg

I dont know about hayabusa plastics but my friend bought a complete set for his 03 gsxr and it came out fine, I helped him put them on and they werent an exact fit but because they were abs plastic we were able to make it work. There were a few holes that needed to be drilled out or opened up and the front fender was off by a hair but it all depends on how anal you are about it. I was actually pretty impressed overall. I wish I had a picture to post but the bike looks good. Just keep in min that they sell for 500 but usually cost 300 or so to ship. Btw, if you order chinese fairings be prepared to wait. I think it took about a month maybe a little more to get the plastics in.

There have been a lot of mixed reviews from the the Ebay plastics. You are taking your chances, but I am fairly certain that in 5 years there would be a big difference between the OEM and Ebay plastics. If it were me, I would be getting OEM if the bike was OK, if not, then I would be looking at getting a new bike.

A flip is a bad thing to happen to a motorcycle. I flipped my Gixxer 600 when a car pulled out in front of me. The bike was totaled and I would not have wanted to try and repair all that damage.

theres a couple sets on the forums of oem plastics, ill never reccomend or put those on any bike, they are a poor fit to be nice.

sorry to here that, but 'YOU PLAY, YOU PAY'.....if i were you, i would give the keys and payment book to your friend and tell him that he just bought a bike!!!!!

you can go buy another one.

Ouch. How about said friend buy new plastics from dealer. Honda east Toledo can help you out. Those cheap plastics don't have a good reputation.

As stated by TwoTone.... if you're friend wants the bike to be put together the correct way, have him get a hold of me or you could always post pictures up. I have no problem posting my prices on here. Hopefully the guy that wrecked the bike takes care of it like he should.

Those kits suck, I looked at several when I laid my bike over onits left side. OEM is the only way to go unless you don't care that the lines won't match up, the plastic is super thin, and the quality of paint sucks. Justin at Honda East will sell OEM to you cheeper than yo can find them anywhere else, I know because I spent weeks looking. Thanks again Justin for the super prices you give us. If I had to pay full price it would have been 6 months before I would have had enough cash saved up to fix her, or been forced to buy these cheep ebay body kits.

Auctmarts are known to melt. That is all I know! If read a lot of reviews how the ebay stuff never fits right and is fairly flimsy.

Back