Grumble, grumble, grumble...

MikesGSX1300RK9

Registered
Took my Busa in for the rectifier recall and her first service last weekend... mechanic called Friday to say that the BRAND NEW bike has a stripped oil pan. Never had the bolt out, so the dealership where it was purchased must have stripped it when they put the bike together.

These kinds of people make me angry...

Waiting for a new one... bike still at shop, not being ridden. Grrrrrr... At least the parts will be replaced under warranty.

Mike

man that sux, i would also be very angry. So you're mechanic told u the pan was stripped already when they were doin maintenance on it? I'm wondering if this mechanic stripped the oil drain plug in the pan by over-tightening it, and then says it was already stripped when he started inspecting the bike, to cover his own arse?

Yeah, I thought that, too. It is good that warranty is covering a replacement, but it would have been nice to have been riding the bike this week.

Love bug season is in full force right now in Florida. I've washed my truck twice in 2 days, and the car once. Would rather park both gas guzzlers and simply wipe down the Busa each evening... Was having a blast with the bike the past two weeks, but had been stranded twice by the rectifier issue. She's a little early on that 600 mile initial service, but... will be nice to have her back someday. Someday...

You've had that bike now for 6 months and have put less than 600 miles on it. Will you really miss it that much while its being repaired?

You should ride that thing every now and then. You will get more enjoyment out of it.

Took my Busa in for the rectifier recall and her first service last weekend... mechanic called Friday to say that the BRAND NEW bike has a stripped oil pan. Never had the bolt out, so the dealership where it was purchased must have stripped it when they put the bike together.
Yup, I think that's how it happens...the dealer gets the bike stripped into its component parts and he puts the entire thing together from scratch.

The stripped oil pan was caused by the dealer who did your service!

that would be irritating! hope you get her back soon and can get back to riding :beerchug:

It's just so hard to believe how people strip out the oil drain plug when it takes such little effort to I install it. I mean you put it in and gently turn it, you can literally tighten it up enough with your fingers where it wouldn't even leak, granted please use the socket to snug it, but really if you strip out a simple drain plug you should't be turning wrenches in my opinion. :whistle:
Anyhow just my .02

I hope that the dealership dosnt plan on seeing you again,mechanic calls too say your oil plug is stripped,knowing that this is your first service,who could of done it?da.Happened to me,i rethreaded it myself,then took the old plug and gave it back to them and of course they never admitted to it.You can never really trust these dealerships,you dont know who they have working there,and if you think tipping helps,forgetit. If you can find somone you can trust ,money in the bank,until then ill do my own work. P.S. I purchased two bikes from this place.

It's just so hard to believe how people strip out the oil drain plug when it takes such little effort to I install it. I mean you put it in and gently turn it, you can literally tighten it up enough with your fingers where it wouldn't even leak, granted please use the socket to snug it, but really if you strip out a simple drain plug you should't be turning wrenches in my opinion. :whistle:
Anyhow just my .02
+1!!
Finger tight, then just a slight nudge more with a socket.

It seems to me that you would have noticed a leak if the plug was stripped prior to taking it to the shop.

Yeah and if you are still worried, just saftey wire it and be done with it.I have done this since doing LSR and now have complete piece of mind about it not coming loose!:thumbsup:

Do... NOT bring the bike back to this dealer. They can not even accomplish an oil change?:whistle:
Quality service in our day to day life is no more,at least a rarity.At one time it was the norm. OH well...:moon: Sad

I don't think the oil drain plug has anything to do with assembly once the bike arrives at the dealer. Hopefully they'll do the job right and you won't have problems in the future. Who knows with the way people operate today maybe there was nothing wrong with your bike to start with and someone is covering a mistake made by a friend at home using your bike.

The drain plug is already in when it gets to the dealer in the crate, the only one who touched it is the asshat that stripped it (The guy doing the service)

The drain plug is already in when it gets to the dealer in the crate, the only one who touched it is the asshat that stripped it (The guy doing the service)

Yep, think they just fill fluids, charge/install the battery and put on the windshield. Maybe a few other bits, but the plug idle definitely in there

Droid via Tapatalk

man that sux, i would also be very angry. So you're mechanic told u the pan was stripped already when they were doin maintenance on it? I'm wondering if this mechanic stripped the oil drain plug in the pan by over-tightening it, and then says it was already stripped when he started inspecting the bike, to cover his own arse?

my thought exactly

You've had that bike now for 6 months and have put less than 600 miles on it. Will you really miss it that much while its being repaired?

You should ride that thing every now and then. You will get more enjoyment out of it.

:snap:
:poke: but yea, i did 600 last Saturday, in the rain, up hill, both ways, fightin grizzly bears all the way. :whistle::rofl:

sorry they stripped your plug. could always be worse, they coulda dropped it too. :banghead:

Back