ScarFace - great movie but a grade school play ???

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
so I'm a face of Scarface just like any other great movie but a school play done by grade school kids (look like 5-6 grade) ???

Thoughts? Would this fly in your child's school or with you as a parent? ???

Last edited by a moderator:
face = fan ... not being able to edit sometimes sux :laugh:

the kids would have no idea what they were reinacting .
Hopefully they would not show them the original for pre play training but I dont think it would be a good Idea...

I know...I know....

How about a kid on a broom made to look like a horse riding down the street saying
'The redcoats are coming.The redcoats are coming....!'

No that wouldnt work.
We dont celebrate history anymore...

My oh my, quite the mouth them little ones have! :laugh:

Makes me wonder where, why and who signed off on that?

some people have talent....

some people must be outragous....

but in the end, all those kids have parents that are ok with it.....

the kids would have no idea what they were reinacting .
Hopefully they would not show them the original for pre play training but I dont think it would be a good Idea...

I know...I know....

How about a kid on a broom made to look like a horse riding down the street saying
'The redcoats are coming.The redcoats are coming....!'

No that wouldnt work.
We dont celebrate history anymore...

+1 ... I really wish we focused on history more. I mean REAL HISTORY... I remember learning about Paul Revere only to find out later he only road like a mile..lol..The other guy who actually road for a while doesn't get mentioned. I remember learning that later (along with alot of other things) and feeling cheated out of an education. If your going to waste 13 years of my life learning things i will have to re-learn later then at least jump out at the end with a camera saying i just got "Punk'ed"

+1 ... I really wish we focused on history more. I mean REAL HISTORY... I remember learning about Paul Revere only to find out later he only road like a mile..lol..The other guy who actually road for a while doesn't get mentioned. I remember learning that later (along with alot of other things) and feeling cheated out of an education. If your going to waste 13 years of my life learning things i will have to re-learn later then at least jump out at the end with a camera saying i just got "Punk'ed"

I cant think of the exact title of the book anymore.... but its a great book..

I THINK the title was something along the lines of "All the things your teacher taught you in History were wrong" or "All the things your teacher lied to you about"

ill see if i can find it..

However, the book is just filled with the things just like Paul Revers ride, and various other historical facts that got tossed to the side...

Edit: found it.... its called... Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by: James Loewen

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0684818868/?tag=hayabusamazon-20

very quick read, worth grabbing at your library..

Last edited:
I cant think of the exact title of the book anymore.... but its a great book..

I THINK the title was something along the lines of "All the things your teacher taught you in History were wrong" or "All the things your teacher lied to you about"

ill see if i can find it..

However, the book is just filled with the things just like Paul Revers ride, and various other historical facts that got tossed to the side...

Edit: found it.... its called... Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by: James Loewen

Amazon.com: Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong (9780684818863): James W. Loewen: Books

very quick read, worth grabbing at your library..

Appreciate it!! Local library carries it so I'm going to pick it up!

Appreciate it!! Local library carries it so I'm going to pick it up!

NP, hope you enjoy it.. i did!

PS: i guess he did a revision in 2008(first copy was 2005), so theres a second printing if you can find it... not sure whats all revised though....

Last edited:
I always liked how you were taught that they had no warning that the Japanese were gonna attack Pearl Harbor. What would you call the Japanese mini subs that the US sank less then a day before the main force attacked or the detection of incoming planes that were japanese planes?

Back