Saw this on the news last night.

MST1TED

Registered
Tue Sep 22, 4:14 pm ET
LAKELAND, Fla. – It's game over for some police officers who played video games while they raided a convicted drug dealer's home in central Florida.

Surveillance video obtained by WFLA in Tampa caught the officers playing a Nintendo Wii bowling game, with one furiously jumping up and down in celebration. Officials say some of the officers could be disciplined.

Officers with the anti-drug task force had just stormed into the home of the convicted drug dealer, who was already in custody. One Polk County sheriff's detective can be seen taking several breaks from cataloging evidence so she can bowl frames.

The officers did not know a video camera had been set up in the house before the March raid.

The news story added that the officers played for almost nine hours at and
wasted over $4000 in manhours.

To bad I couldn't post the video it was priceless!
That nintendo wii will draw you in though.:laugh:

Last edited:
*note to self...

Carry a Wii in backpack. might make a good "get out of jail free" card! :laugh:

9hours of multiple officers playing? That's is a lot of man hours. however I bet their eye/hand coordination has improved. :laugh:

P.S. Keep this thread in good spirit!

I saw it last night to and almost died laughing when the officer was jumping up and down as if they had won the lottery!:laugh:

I would like to point out this is one of those situations that if you were not there it is probably best to not speculate.

Could this been totally out of line? maybe, maybe not

I would bet these officers had other things they would rather be doing than sit around in that house and just play Wii.

The government is all about hurry up and wait, we dont know if they might have been waiting an some kind of additional search warrant, we dont know if the officers were waiting around for some kind of forensics team to arrive before they could proceed further.

None of us (nor most of the arm chair quarterbacks in this country) know what was really going on. So yes, they could have been wasting hours just to rack up some overtime, or they could have been having to wait on other teams or individuals to finish specfic tasks before they could continue.

for me personall, my bottom line is if those officers were waiting around for something, I personally dont give a crap if they played Wii while they waited.

And like someone above mentioned, how many people who work in office environments never just browse web sites or play games? I would bet a lot of people in this country (not saying anyone on this board, but if the shoe fits lol) who are criticising these officers play games at work, browse the internet at work for their own personal use and never make a connection that there is no differance between the two

Just food for thought

Last edited:
Just because lots of people do something,doesn't mean it's right...

Many people in the USA some marijuana,doesn't mean it's OK if they get caught doing it.

Most business owners would probably be upset if they caught their employees spending their day farting around.

However in the interview the officer did state they no one is perfect..yadda yadda... Which is true.

I didn't post this to judge or criticsize.
I just thought it was funny how much the officers
were enjoying playing suspects wii and anyone
that has ever played wii knows what i'm talking about.
We all Jack around at work I'll be the first to admit it.
In fact I'm doing it right now:whistle:

Last edited:
I do care that they are playing Wii! I can only hope they continual while I'm out riding! :laugh:

I would like to point out this is one of those situations that if you were not there it is probably best to not speculate.

Could this been totally out of line? maybe, maybe not

I would bet these officers had other things they would rather be doing than sit around in that house and just play Wii.

The government is all about hurry up and wait, we dont know if they might have been waiting an some kind of additional search warrant, we dont know if the officers were waiting around for some kind of forensics team to arrive before they could proceed further.

None of us (nor most of the arm chair quarterbacks in this country) know what was really going on. So yes, they could have been wasting hours just to rack up some overtime, or they could have been having to wait on other teams or individuals to finish specfic tasks before they could continue.

for me personall, my bottom line is if those officers were waiting around for something, I personally dont give a crap if they played Wii while they waited.

And like someone above mentioned, how many people who work in office environments never just browse web sites or play games? I would bet a lot of people in this country (not saying anyone on this board, but if the shoe fits lol) who are criticising these officers play games at work, browse the internet at work for their own personal use and never make a connection that there is no differance between the two

Just food for thought

Good advice for everyone.... ;)

They were caught and will face some sort of discipline. Can't imagine it being to harsh. Suspension maybe.

That's pretty funny though. Counting money drugs and guns. But can't resist the wii.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back