Good thing no innocent bystander was hit by this stray bullet

SLO MO

Registered
Fox 5 has obtained surveillance video of a February 3rd incident involving a Prince George's County police officer that seems to dispute his story about why his gun discharged.

A Cottage City 19-year-old spent nearly 4 months in jail after Corporal Donald Taylor claimed Ryan Dorm assaulted him and the gun went off as Taylor struggled with him. The surveillance video is from a business on Perry Street near Rhode Island Avenue in the Brentwood area. Attorney Jimmy Bell, who represents Dorm, says the video shows Taylor out-and-out "lied" when he wrote up a report supporting assault charges against his client.

The incident started when Dorm and a friend say they went to the "Lowest Price" gas station convenience store late that night to buy snacks. Dorm says his friend was wearing a ski mask because it was cold, but two police officers thought he looked suspicious and were going to rob the store. Ryan says he wanted to avoid any trouble, so he left.. But he says Taylor and a second officer followed him. The video shows Dorm being approached from behind, then smacked in the head with a gun. The video shows the flash from the gun as Dorm was being struck.

Taylor has been indicted and faces a trial in November. Bell has filed a $10 million dollar civil lawsuit in the case.

[video=youtube_share;kqeeCSnHvLY]http://youtu.be/kqeeCSnHvLY[/video]

Read more: Surveillance video disputes officer's story about youth assault - DC Breaking Local News Weather Sports FOX 5 WTTG

That kid sure is walking in a calm manner to have just kicked that officer in the nuts! :laugh:

Wow... I can't help but wonder wtf was going on that made him think that was ok....

Its the same as that clip that was shown on the forum a week or 2 ago when the 200+lb. officer got frustrated cause the 100lb. stripper wouldnt get off her phone when he was trying to give her orders so he decided to slam her into her car to get her attention. Just like the kid said in the interview he was just trying to walk away and the hot headed officer probably told him to stop and got frustrated when he didnt so he decided to pistol whip him instead. Then he fabricated a false statement and his partner backed up his story................ looks like trayvon martin all over again. Thanks to social media the country as a whole can be made aware of injustices like this :whistle:

It's hard to say "dont judge becuase we cant see what led up to this" when the police officer pistol whips the kid in the face and then creates a false report about. No matter what the kid/s did prior to this nothing allows that officer to do that, period!

Awww... you all know that kid or at least some other one did something that gave that officer in his own mind justifiable right to do that. :whistle: That was the tactical surprise take-down, usually only used on the underage,handicapped or elderly though. ???

But then again, that is good ole PG County. But I guess all the run ins I had with them 20yrs ago were only traffic violations so I didn't get the preferential treatment. :laugh:

caching!!! The gun goes off a little later in that swing and it's BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!!

Looks like no doughnut to me :banghead: What a moron unless there's more to it. Just don't see how there could be.

Looks like no doughnut to me :banghead: What a moron unless there's more to it. Just don't see how there could be.

Pretty cut n dry, officer smacks kid in face with gun, gun goes off, officer and partner write up a false report that the gun goes off while the kid is assaulting him, superiors see the video covers it up, kid goes to jail for 4 months, news channel gets a hold of the tape, kid is released, files civil suit and PG County is once again explaining why one of it's officers lost his mind.

Nah.....No way the cops can be up to anything wrong. **No sarcasm emoticon to use**

I posted that video referred to. That was a Pensacola Cop that got fired. He has since that firing, moved.

He was there to Get "Snacks" with a friend in a Skee Mask................Enough Said. :rulez:

So let me get this straight so everybody is clear on this. You wear a ski mask in the winter time, never brandish a weapon or make any hostile movements or threats and you deserve to have a police officer run up on you from behind and pistol whip you in the face??? Wow.... I guess there is a new law that states you aren't allowed to wear cold weather gear in the cold and go 2 a store or you deserve 2 be bludgeoned in the face. Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

He was there to Get "Snacks" with a friend in a Skee Mask................Enough Said. :rulez:

The problem is that even if they were up to no good and getting ready to rob that place they now have a free pass and they have just hit the "popo-lotto". That police officer just just lost his job, gave that kid a free pass to whatever they were up too (if anything), and set that kid up with a fat payday.

Cops here in Va and NY make false reports all the time and get away with it. Good to see at least one got caught.

Dorm says his friend was wearing a ski mask because it was cold
sure you were.....:whistle: little punks who are going to rob a convenient store wear ski masks. thats a fact.

you can clearly see that the kid who was struck is the face by the cop was out of breath as he turns around which indicates that he was running from the police but ran out of steam cause he could hardly stand up as he turned around. he clearly puts both arms down as tho he is out of breath. doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

videos like this are no different then the Rodney King video. they show one small segment of what happened in a series of events that let up to what the video captured.

it was a stupid thing for the cop to do no doubt. all this little punk sees now is $$$MONEY$$$ after his retarded looking attorney has filed his head with BS stories about how he was just walking down the street and heard foot steps and turned around and was struck by some stranger as he claims. yea, ok. cut the chit would you! yea "we was just goin to store to buy snacks". sure you were..... must have been going there to buy skittles.....:whistle:

if his friend was stopped by the police why didnt he stay with his friend if they were doing nothing wrong? ill tell u why. cause they were gonna rob the joint and got caught thats why.

you dont need to find an actual gun either. half the robberies ive been to all report the suspect appeared to have a gun in his waistband or they pointed something at me thru their shirt. strong arm robbieries are very common. and if his friend was stopped by the police and he knew it which he obviously did then he knew the police were coming after him.

he will get eaten up on the stand which is why he will never take the stand.

sure you were.....:whistle: little punks who are going to rob a convenient store wear ski masks. thats a fact.

you can clearly see that the kid who was struck is the face by the cop was out of breath as he turns around which indicates that he was running from the police but ran out of steam cause he could hardly stand up as he turned around. he clearly puts both arms down as tho he is out of breath. doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

videos like this are no different then the Rodney King video. they show one small segment of what happened in a series of events that let up to what the video captured.

it was a stupid thing for the cop to do no doubt. all this little punk sees now is $$$MONEY$$$ after his retarded looking attorney has filed his head with BS stories about how he was just walking down the street and heard foot steps and turned around and was struck by some stranger as he claims. yea, ok. cut the chit would you! yea "we was just goin to store to buy snacks". sure you were..... must have been going there to buy skittles.....:whistle:

if his friend was stopped by the police why didnt he stay with his friend if they were doing nothing wrong? ill tell u why. cause they were gonna rob the joint and got caught thats why.

you dont need to find an actual gun either. half the robberies ive been to all report the suspect appeared to have a gun in his waistband or they pointed something at me thru their shirt. strong arm robbieries are very common. and if his friend was stopped by the police and he knew it which he obviously did then he knew the police were coming after him.

The point is the officer made up a story and lied, if he did nothing wrong and the stop was good he would not have had to lie, but he wanted to save his own A$$, this is crystal clear, no speculation or no need to worry about anything before the part he lied about which was how his gun discharged and what the kid did. He said in his report that his gun discharged when the kid assaulted him, the kid was charged for this and ended up doing time for this. The video clearly shows he lied about what really happened there is no spinning, or if's and or buts about it.

This is not new, this has been going on for decades and will continue, the problem is he is sworn to protect and serve and officers are governed by policy, procedures and rules and are not to be a street thugs pistol whipping people, unfortunately because of a few bad apples PG county has had many of these incidents that have ended up on video and they have had to try to improve the image of the department which is a huge force about 2,200 officers, I know at least 20 to 30 PG cops and have family members on the force and I swear some of these guys I couldn't believe they gave a badge and a gun ???.

Regardless of whether he just robbed a place the guy stopped, turned, and faced him. The cop advanced and pistol whipped the guy and had a negligent discharge, those three things are things cop did, that I cant believe make sense to anyone.

I'm not saying the guy is innocent, I've seen signs all over the u.s. About wearing a ski mask and not entering. You wear a ski mask for skiing not walking to the store. Ive worked all over the country in some violent winters and never see people walking around in them.

If the kids innocent the cop made a huge mistake, if the kid was running, had a gun, robbed someone, he made a mistake to a lesser degree.

Regardless of whether he just robbed a place the guy stopped, turned, and faced him. The cop advanced and pistol whipped the guy and had a negligent discharge, those three things are things cop did, that I cant believe make sense to anyone.

I'm not saying the guy is innocent, I've seen signs all over the u.s. About wearing a ski mask and not entering. You wear a ski mask for skiing not walking to the store. Ive worked all over the country in some violent winters and never see people walking around in them.

If the kids innocent the cop made a huge mistake, if the kid was running, had a gun, robbed someone, he made a mistake to a lesser degree.
not debating what the cop did was stupid. tough to say if his intention was to actually pistol whip him tho. big diference between pistol whipping someone and smacking them with ur fist while ur gun is in ur hand. stupid I agree but ive seen it happen before when a suspect stops running after you think he may be armed after an attempted robbery and you dont have time to re-holster ur weapon. not smart but under stress ive seen it happen.

but its video's like this that make people lose sight of the facts. and those facts are this little punk was running from the police cause he and his punk friend were gonna rob that store period!

remove the fact the gun discharges after he tries taken him to the ground after what was obviously a foot pursuit and no one gives a chit. punching some little punk in the face after a foot pursuit and a possible armed robbery attempt is a reasonable use of force. if the cop had just stated what he did he would have disciplined im sure but not fired. he was fired for departing from the truth.

and yea ppl dont walk around the street wearing ski masks unless their trying to hide their identity. especially when entering a store which would make any store owner or cop suspicious obviously.

maybe the Miami Heat can do a photo shoot of them all wearing ski masks now.....:whistle:

not debating what the cop did was stupid. tough to say if his intention was to actually pistol whip him tho. big diference between pistol whipping someone and smacking them with ur fist while ur gun is in ur hand. stupid I agree but ive seen it happen before when a suspect stops running after you think he may be armed after an attempted robbery and you dont have time to re-holster ur weapon. not smart but under stress ive seen it happen.

but its video's like this that make people lose sight of the facts. and those facts are this little punk was running from the police cause he and his punk friend were gonna rob that store period!

remove the fact the gun discharges after he tries taken him to the ground after what was obviously a foot pursuit and no one gives a chit. punching some little punk in the face after a foot pursuit and a possible armed robbery attempt is a reasonable use of force. if the cop had just stated what he did he would have disciplined im sure but not fired. he was fired for departing from the truth.

and yea ppl dont walk around the street wearing ski masks unless their trying to hide their identity. especially when entering a store which would make any store owner or cop suspicious obviously.

maybe the Miami Heat can do a photo shoot of them all wearing ski masks now.....:whistle:

What ? ???

The kid can be in the wrong all day long but we can't loose sight of what we're there for and what we stand for. Obviously this is just another snip it that hurts all who work in law enforcement and gives every POS on the planet something to talk about.

I know alot of leos, I know youre one, I respect youre opinion, I can understand being attacked, beating someone with your gun, but a gun is meant to shoot with, And people being poorly trained is what causes negligent discharges. Its the officers negligence 100%, if he feared he had a weapon he shouldnt have tackled him esp when he turned. The alleged perp coudlve covered alot of ground and assaulted the guy or killed him. He should have second nature to open up distance, if he advances then open fire. not beat the guy with your gun, I mean come on man, how can you really stand behind a guy this incompetent. Im not mad he beat him YET, just the lying and piss poor handling of his firearm. He had several options hitting the guy with the gun should be the last ditch. He is a danger to himself and others.

Back