Saw the Blue Angels Saturday!

The pics don't do 'em justice at all! Nuthin' like the crackle of the afterburner shaking the ground going away after a 700mph fly-by :bowdown:

I wish I would have taken my video camera. My husbands big boss who has never seen them before or anything like it got the poop scared outta him when a Blue Angel came out of no where going a million miles an hour right along the beach in front of us. I don't know what was more fun, watching and listening to him or watching the jets.

I was SO nervous going into to this one.... open bar, on the beach AND the CEO from Sweden on hand.... all day.... I did not even sleep the night before.

Turns out he is one of the COOLEST dudes on the planet. Not all stuffy and rigid (what I have become accustomed to with the corporate types). We had a blast!

So glad I had Dawn there with me, she asked 'Big Swede' so many questions about the differences between the USA and Europe (and every other conceivable inquiry she could think of) that I just hit the bar and stood around looking pretty all day!

Awesome time to be sure!

Oh wait.... one other cool thing came from this...

I asked my BIG boss if he knew about Ohlins - Swedish company ya know....

He not only has someone checking for me about Swedish pricing (offered to buy there and bring back) but told me how to pronounce it!

Its pronounced Uhr-lenz.... I said that all day!

Last edited:
I stole this pic from a friend.... A couple of my favorite things together...

cap

blue.jpg

P9151266.jpg
P9151265.jpg
P9151264.jpg
P9151263.jpg
P9151261.jpg
P9151258.jpg
P9151256.jpg
P9151257.jpg

These are a few pics form this trip Sport-Touring.Net - El Paso, Tx to Jacksonville, FL

I was a team member for 5 years...

Love watching the air shows! I live near Oceana Naval Base and will get to see them this year like you did Dawn! Great Pictures too!:thumbsup:

WOW!!! Great pics and posts! Very cool, Dawn!

Will never forget coming through OKC on the interstate several years back when I saw the flicker of a shadow sweep across the hi-way followed by an unimagineablely intense low frequency noise that was so loud I pulled over thinking the area was under some sort of attack. That's when I noticed the jets and pulled off at the next exit to make my way back to the air field that was hosting the show. Totally an out there experience! :cheerleader: :bowdown: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

I was around p-cola and was thinking about going again this year.... until I saw the traffic line backed up about 5 miles. Looks like you got a good spot though:thumbsup:

Back