Save some money on ???

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
I can't speak for aftermarket filters or even the Second Gen Busa air filter. I've cleaned the First Gen OEM air filter numerous times by submerging it in water so the dirt will float away and hitting it with the garden hose gun water while submerged from the inside out along the runners then letting it dry. Looks like its made of synthetic material, fibers collapsing creating air flow restriction shouldn't be a problem, I've heard it can happen with paper elements. I'm sure compressed air to get the excess water out and a little filter oil after its dry couldn't hurt things ether.

Again this post is about saving someone some money on a OEM air filter, not about a doctors degree or ethics of maintenance. If you know of anything that might help someone save some money, please add something and share.

Most of the time it didn't need it, I would do it when I had the bike apart.
made black mark to photo same area, before and after

air filter 2 016.jpg

air filter 3 001.jpg

Attachments

• filter2.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 177
  • filter1.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 162
:thumbsup: I don't clean my non K&N filters, when it comes to maintenance I splurge on it.. never give her an excuse to let me down.:thumbsup: But whatever works for you more power to you:thumbsup:

I would not clean a disposable filter with anything but air..

Why? the bike is ridden in the rain, right? Things get wet,they dry out,wet,dry out, over and over. I sure Suzuki loves that most think this item is not reusable.

Last edited:
I've blown it out with air very carefully.It has 20k on the orig. filter. Your pic's came out great by the way!

Last edited:
If you're not damaging the "paper" or the frame, this might be an excellent way to clean your filter. Good experiment. Thanks for reporting the results. :thumbsup:

Back