SatNav............

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Ok you SatNav guru's, got lost in Assen the other weekend, 2 clicks from the hotel, could have been 100, totally lost, only helped out by a young Dutch guy, (Thanks mate, who ever you are  
biggrin.gif
)

Need advice, have a TomTom 100 here in Germany and a TomTom 700 at home. Firstly, I have noticed that I have an Aux power lead under the rear seat of my Busa,
but it looks like the sort of thing you connect to a walkman. I want to use my TomTom 100 as it is smaller that the other, but the power connection is by USB, is there an adaptor on the market and what mounting bracket do you guys recommend. Additionally I have a Nokia N95 with a 2G chip and that can be loaded with the TomTom maps, any advice reatfully recieved
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

well there's a few options. You could pick up a cheap usb car charger for it and just splice it into the lead behind the gauge console up front. That might be the easiest way to go.

not sure if your phone would be the best bet but you could do a similar mount for it if it works. There's a number of products that will link sound up to the helmet if you need it for directions. Or you could get the screamer box i think its called for radar detectors. Not sure of voice quality but the sound might prompt you to look down at the unit.

if you cant find a usb one for the tomtom ... maybe look at a motorola cellular one. the razors use a usb charger plug... but there should be one as my folks have a tomtom with one
cool.gif

I am pretty sure I saw usb adaptors on ebay for the tom tom when I was looking to b uy my unit.

As for a mount I would highly recomend the ram mounts Garmon uses these for all their models and they make several universal type mounts they are high quality and even stand up to the vibration of my Harley when I have it mounted on it. here is a link to their site - http://www.ram-mount-uk.com

I made a mount for mine. I took two right angle brackets and put the bolt that mounts the first section of the bracket that came with the TOM TOM to it. I mounted the angle brackets to one of the bolts on the brake mastr cylinder. I bought a extention wire for cars and cut the end and wired it direct to the battery and plug the stock car charger wire to it and ran the wire under the tank and wire tied it to the fairing so you cant see the wire anywhere. Just the little part sticking out behind the nav unit.

Back