San Fran over the weekend

killerrudy

Registered
So, theSkaz and I hooned up to San Fran this past weekend to visit with his sister for her belated B-Day. Boring ride up the 5. Cow here and there, but not much happening. They way back was amazing though. Came down the 1 all the way to Santa Barbara. Beautiful ride. Wanted to stop and take a picture of the sign that said twisty road next 75 miles. I think Pashnit has posted it up before. Great ride and hope to do it again. Want to see the red woods some day(sooner than later). :thumbsup:

So overall it was a great weekend to put 1000miles on the bike.

So, theSkaz and I hooned up to San Fran this past weekend to visit with his sister for her belated B-Day. Boring ride up the 5. Cow here and there, but not much happening. They way back was amazing though. Came down the 1 all the way to Santa Barbara. Beautiful ride. Wanted to stop and take a picture of the sign that said twisty road next 75 miles. I think Pashnit has posted it up before. Great ride and hope to do it again. Want to see the red woods some day(sooner than later). :thumbsup:

So overall it was a great weekend to put 1000miles on the bike.

I think you might be refering to this one. Hwy 36, from I5 Red Bluff all the way to the coast, 140 miles of wow!

Img_0913_140sign.jpg

Coast Highway is always an awesome ride with some great views too but I'll wait a month or two for it to warm up a bit before I venture over there.

I will have to say that I did not enjoy how steep the roads are in SF. Made my bike smoke like a SoB. (Turbo Oil Return) I was scared that I had broke it and it wasn't going to make it home.

Coast Highway is always an awesome ride with some great views too but I'll wait a month or two for it to warm up a bit before I venture over there.

Actually it wasn't bad. I had a windbreaker on with my cortech on over, draggin jeans, made it quite pleasurable. Wasn't ever uncomfortable.

did you go for the IBA SaddleSore 1000 for this ride?

No, just to visit his sister for the day. Good thing too. Just heard that a 40 foot section of the 1 fell off into the ocean yesterday and the 1 will be closed indefinitly as of now in that section. :banghead:

I PM'd KEV regarding the rectifier recall: Temecula Motorsports got some last TUE. Had mine done in less than 15 minutes WITH NO appointment. Got yours done yet?

Back