Busa riders in SOCAL/San Diego Area

FastLaneKen

Never Forgotten
Busa riders in SOCAL/San Diego Area

I am still looking to hook up with some Busa riders in SOCAL/San Diego Area.

I have only met a few Busa's in San Diego so far so.......

I have about 4,000 miles on my Gen II Blue/gold 08

Full gear and riding daily and in the twisties on the weekend

Anyone out there, give me a shout

Last edited:
go here tonight, Black Sabbath Motorcycle Club's Club House 4280 Market St. tell them Busajohn from Ohio sent you. Ask for Slick, he is with the Royal Aces. He will show you around and introduce you to a few people to ride with. You can also check out House of Motorcycles, there are some cool guys there as well.

Busajohn
Thanks for the all the way from Ohio.

I cannot figure out why I cannot connect with any of the local guys from the board.
I was hoping to be welcomed as a member form the local riders, but so far not much welcome or riding with any members all summer - werid

I think the problem is no one knows whats going on with you.

I have seen a few of your threads asking to hook up with riders in the SoCal area. I have also seen responses where other SoCal riders have contacted you, and you have road with them.

I think the SoCal members might be wondering why you keep coming on the board asking to hook up with riders and saying you cant find anyone when you have been contacted. And you Have gone on at least one ride I am aware of (with Scar)

That is what seems weird.

I know Scar has road with a lot of the members on here. (well I think he has)

Here is the last thread you posted looking for riders, and you have a few people that said they were up for it

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/90716-any-busa-riders-san-diego.html

And in this link Double D made herself known.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-2008-busa-threads/86124-riders-san-diego.html

Just read the past threads you have made and send PM's to the individuals who responded

Setup your own ride and personally invite each person by PM.

Just choose a weekend, post you will be going on a ride on a certain day and it is an open invitation to all. designate a meeting place and a meeting time. And go there and wait, if no one shows up go on the ride yourself, but I am guessing people will show up.

Last edited:
I have ridden with a great number of members from this forum, including Ken. But I do not do so regularly. Lamb and I live, literally, three blocks apart and our riding preferences and styles are very much alike. We might get out once every other month. Maybe. Probably less even than that.

The issue, as I see it, at least for me, is not about getting 'busas together (which in itself is great), but getting together riders who are interested in the same type of riding, regardless of the type of bike they own. (I'm going to add that in some cases, skill level is a consideration taken in who is "looped-in" for a ride. Not to be exclusionary, of course, but in view of the ride composition (timing, ride difficulty, etc.) it is important for the organizer to intelligently plan not only the where, but the who, as well. Not saying that I'm so great or whatever, but matching people's acumen in an undertaking such as these is just plain smart.)

For the longest time I have found myself the only 'busa owner in my group...and I'm perfectly fine with it. In fact, I have come to embrace the fact that my bike is significantly different than everyone else's. And, IMO, better.

Lamb and I (and others) have discussed the lack of cohesion in SoCal Busa Owners numerous times; to no viable conclusion. We've come to simply accept it for what it is. Why there is no 'group' feeling here is a mysterious, inexplicable phenomenon. Further, we shake our heads in absolute wonderment as to the number of flakes there are...people who say "Oh, I'll be there," then not show; no call, nothing. Pathetic. People who use you for everything you offer; then, when they perceive some 'flaw' in you, run away crying and pointing fingers. Tragic. And liars! OMG, don't even get me started.

There are a thousand 'maybe's' as to why this is the way that it is. But, conjecture and speculation are a waste of time and will change nothing.

:argue:2

Last edited:
When I recently got back into riding I searched out group rides. I've been on 4 large group rides in the last two months and there were a total of 3 hard crashes on 2 of the rides. In the one crash-free ride some a$s clown in front of me was reving and popping lame wheelies for most of the ride. Needless to say I no longer post up and look for group rides for "group rides sake" (Busas or otherwise). As much as I like seeing a bunch of cool bikes riding together I now prefer to ride solo or with a friend, or two, or maybe 3.

When I recently got back into riding I searched out group rides. I've been on 4 large group rides in the last two months and there were a total of 3 hard crashes on 2 of the rides. In the one crash-free ride some a$s clown in front of me was reving and popping lame wheelies for most of the ride. Needless to say I no longer post up and look for group rides for "group rides sake" (Busas or otherwise). As much as I like seeing a bunch of cool bikes riding together I now prefer to ride solo or with a friend, or two, or maybe 3.

That's the way, Adam. You learned quicky. :beerchug:

Additionally, not saying anyone does or doesn't stunt, but on my rides, that activity is not welcome, and I will ask the offending party (privately, of course) to either stop or leave. What we do is dangerous enough without adding the 'great physics challenge' to the mix.

Wingding

I agree 100%

2- 4 bikes on a ride is ideal for me

That is what I have been looking as welll - to hook up with a couple or busa riders and sort of rotate weekends when ever people are free to ride. Could be one guy this weekedn and two guys the next weekend - its all good

I am a little confused by you Ken. I see that you have ridden with Scar, and I read thrashers post, and yeah, several people have PM'd and gave you shout outs in the threads.

After reading Scar's post here there is obviously not a lot of cohesion in the So-Cal riders. Find a few people and ride with them when they can, and don't worry about what they ride, just that they ride safe. It takes time to develope the riding relationships you are looking for. And if your tastes are different or what it is that interests you is not what they are looking for then there may be a reason you can't find more busa riders to ride with. Maybe they are looking for something different.

Or look at the possiblity that maybe it's you. Not meaning it to be offensive, but if people are riding with you once and then not again it can be something you do. I knew a guy in So-Cal I rode with once. After that I didn't want to do anything with his clown arse. (not to say you are a clown arse - I haven't had a chance to ride with anyone from the board)

Scar says things more eloquently then I do, but I am in agreement with him here.

Maybe I am just not getting it all

jefferycarman

You could be right as I did a ride with Scar early summer (a break-out we did from a large group ride) during the first two weeks of owning my new 08 Busa. I was breaking it in and riding slow to be careful since everything was all new to me. But I have never not shown up for a ride I told people I would attend.

I now have 4,000 miles under my belt, attended two sprot bike all day riding clinics and wear full gear since then so I am just one of the boys now and just looking for good people to ride with.

i ride everyweek end with F14s, GSXR 1000's, SV's, Ducati's, Aprilla's etc and we ride together over and over. In fact I ride with a guy named Chris from this board who has a Busa who send me a PM months ago and we hooked up and have been riding as a two- some ever since. But he is also a car guy so he is busy 50% of the weekends.

I just thought there would be more Busa riders in SOCAL to meet and ride with but as Scar stated nicely, you learn that most rides are with other kinds of bikes and you just get used to it. Its all good

A whole lot of adoo about nothing! The oRg has a get together this spring where we gathered all the busas we could get for 3 days of the finest canyon carving socal has to offer. We had 10 bikes on Friday. 8 bikes on Sunday, and 3 on Sunday. That, apparently, IS all the busa riders in socal. Good luck in the future.!

I'm off Mon and Tues and always up for a ride.

Like Lamb said though, getting people to actually show is tough...

I'm off Mon and Tues and always up for a ride.

Like Lamb said though, getting people to actually show is tough...

Charlesbusa
Thanks for your reply
I maybe able to get away on a Tuesday as well

Send me a PM if you are free this Tues or Next Tues

Ken

i get up in the morning and see if everything is cool to ride. i check the weather, road condition, and text some people. i tell them where i'm going (either up in the mountain, or to the beach) and where to meet. i go there and have coffee or snack whatever. i socialize as i'm relaxing. there are usually bikers. i hook up with them for ride if they don't mind. if they don't like my ass for what i am, that's cool too. anyways, my point is, you gotta ride. get out there and ride and meet people if that's what you want. i met some really friendly bikers over the years and i can't see why you can't do the same. good luck to you and hope we run into each other. safe ride.

b4thenite

You have some very good advice there and I pretty much work the same way including last minute. The only thing is..... I was looking for a few Busa riders that I could text or the strategy will not work that you have presented.

No worries I have lots of people to text and call these days I was just hoping there would be more Busa riders to add to my list in San Digeo.

But I have a hand full of Busa Riders that never heard of this group so you are correct in its easier to meet them on the road - its all good

Thanks and hope to see you on the road as well

Charlesbusa
Thanks for your reply
I maybe able to get away on a Tuesday as well

Send me a PM if you are free this Tues or Next Tues

Ken

Crap, tomorrow isn't good for me...

Maybe next week, I'll keep you in the loop :thumbsup:

Holy old thread noobie!

Unfortunately, Ken is no longer with us. He had an unfortunate run-in with a woman turning in front of him and lost his life. Please respond to the socal hoon threads and come on out with us.
Lamb

Back