Samsung Note 2 --- SOOO not Busa related

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I have a Samsung Note 2. In the last couple of days the wifi keeps turning on by itself. I don't recall d/l anything that would cause that. Any help on how to stop it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do they have a support blog ? Have you ever turned your phone off ? See I know more about your phone than I do Busa's :rofl:

Do they have a support blog ? Have you ever turned your phone off ? See I know more about your phone than I do Busa's :rofl:

I may be in Charleston for a submarine reunion next year..... If I am remind me to smack ya upside the head.... :lol:

Is the battery low and do you have power saving mode on? Below 15 or 10% it may start turning off antennae.

Also, which version of the OS are you on? I was getting retarded wifi issues when I was on android 4.3, but was recently updated to 4.4.2 which did (at least I think) resolve the issues. The warming message I would constantly get is, "Your Wifi connection is unstable" even though I was right beside the wireless router.

go into your settings and verify that you have the data setting properly set...

I have unlimited data so the usage is not a bother.... It's just a "thing" with me that it turns on by itself. Thanks for the input, I'm still trying to figure it out.

Also, which version of the OS are you on? I was getting retarded wifi issues when I was on android 4.3, but was recently updated to 4.4.2 which did (at least I think) resolve the issues. The warming message I would constantly get is, "Your Wifi connection is unstable" even though I was right beside the wireless router.

What carrier are you on? AT&T Note 2's have a known wifi issue because of conflict with carrier bundled bloatware (I think that the ATT app was called Smart Wifi or something along those lines). Disabling any apps that may be trying to manage the connection resolved the issue.

Also, make sure that you have your device set to always leave wifi on. When on the network selection screen, tap your Menu key and then select Advanced. From there, choose Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep and set to Always.

EDIT: Disregard all of the above; I misread that you were having an issue with WiFi turning itself off. Although, disabling additional management apps can still get rid of the issue.

wifi.jpg

Also, double check under the mobile network settings; some carriers have a service called Connection Optimizer that will turn on wifi when it detects networks nearby. The idea being that wifi networks are more efficient since they do not use mobile data when connected. If US Cellular uses this service, turn it off.

No Connection Optimizer... looked online for info.... only thing I can find is factory reset the phone.... I don't think so..... guess I'm going to the US Cellular store tomorrow.

Under the Advanced page of the wifi settings (referenced in my first post above), do you have Auto Network Swtich enabled? This allows the network to switch between mobile data and wifi depending on which signal is the strongest.

Under the Advanced page of the wifi settings (referenced in my first post above), do you have Auto Network Swtich enabled? This allows the network to switch between mobile data and wifi depending on which signal is the strongest.

There is no "auto network switch" setting. The "always allow scanning" setting is off.

I have found the best android related info on the XDA developers forum. If it's android related I'm sure you'll find the answer there.

Back