Trouble with Samsung HDTV and Motogp.com

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Ok video geeks, help me out here!

I've got a Samsung HDTV (UND5500***** series). This TV allows a high-speed connection to the internet, and includes it's own web browser. Great TV.

Last year, thanks to a member here, I was able to watch MOTOGP.com video content in widescreen HD on my TV, via the browser on the TV. I LOVED IT.

However, in about October, the browser on the TV starting causing issues when the video (flash) was selected. Instead of playing, the brower locks up, or just plays the audio without the video. There have been no updates to the TV, so the browser should be the same. I've trying clearing the cache, etc with no luck. The TV will play video from Youtube (also flash) without any problem, and will play flash video's from other sites, but not MOTOGP.com.

After watching it on my TV, watching on computer is a letdown. ANYBODY got any ideas I have searched and searched - even emailed motogp.com asking if they had changed something on their site (told them my decision on a 2012 videopass was riding on it). Only thing I haven't yet done is go down to Bestbuy and get on identical tv and see what happens there...I'm still in warranty but I suspect that will be a tough claim.....:banghead::banghead:

Have you tried contacting Samsung Tech support? I have a 6000 series Samsung that Santa brought and I have not had anything that wouldn't play on it yet.

You have to turn off the FOG setting.

You know, I'd ALMOST pay for you to come up and do a trackday Saiid, you'd make great swooping practice :moon:

Have you tried contacting Samsung Tech support? I have a 6000 series Samsung that Santa brought and I have not had anything that wouldn't play on it yet.

Yes tried that. Because it's only an issue with a specific site, they didn't have anything to offer. You need to get a videopass for this year Charlie - watching the full race (vs. SPEED) on motogp.com is AWESOME.

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but you could always hook up a laptop/desktop to the TV.

I'll try it on my Samsung if you tell me how. Send pm if you wish, I have 8000xf model but not sure how to goto motogp.com, but it goes to youtube fine. Plus I wanna see the races that way. Perhaps you can tell me how to get the sob to refresh my picture library from the PC :banghead: I synched it when I hooked it up but forgot how i did it, and it does not find my new stuff:banghead:

Thanks for the link. I've been doing some research.

BTW, right now it's now working on my WIN 7 PC either...even the free vids...:banghead::banghead:

Back