Salvage title

How about this...
When my bike was stolen, 4 months after I bought it, they found it 9 days later in some guys shed. When they stole it, they threw it in a trailer with 3 other bikes. My plastics had rub marks on both sides, busted mirror, and busted the steering lock pin (not the frame) Well the dealer did a service write up of $6,140.00 (all new plastics, and frame that they just assumed was broken cause it wouldn't lock) Well the insurance adjuster came out looked at my bike, and said, "we have 2 options, 1) we have someone that buys totaled bikes from us for $6,000.00, so anything above that it's considered a total loss (that sounds WAY high for a totaled bike). 2) I can give you a check for $5,500.00, and you do what you want with it. I picked 2, I wanted MY BIKE !! So my bike could of been salvaged, just for plastics ?

It all comes down to, not everyone is honest, so the ones that are will ALWAYS suffer for the ones that aren't !!

Theft is a problem too with salvage and reconstructed titles. I know there was a big scam going on in SoCal while I was out there, probably still is there and everywhere else too. Scumbags would steal a car, bike etc, strip it and leave the carcass on a road where they knew which department would find it. They'd know which auctions the car or bike would go to. I don't know how it worked with the insurance co. They'd go legally purchase the carcass and put it back together with the stripped parts. Walla, a $100k car or nice bike, whatever, "legal" for next to nothing.

Back