06 Busa with salvage title

VoodooJC

Registered
Just wondering how much effect a salvage title has on a Busa. It's a 2006 with about 8700 miles. Frame and forks look straight. If I were to buy it from insurance and fix it up, about how much would it be worth on the market?

From the Kelly Blue Book website...it applies to bikes too.

6. My car is in good condition, but has a "salvage" title. How does that affect the value?
A salvaged, reconstructed or otherwise "clouded" title has a permanent negative effect on the value of a vehicle. The industry rule of thumb is to deduct 20% to 40% of the Blue Book value, but salvage title vehicles really should be privately appraised on a case-by-case basis in order to determine their market value.

i brought a 04 gixxer 600 4 yr ago with 1500 miles on it for 4,800.i only had to buy brake lever and bleed front brakes.I sold that same bike about 4 to 5 weeks ago for 5,500 with less than 10k on the gauges but i did a 520 conversion so there are less miles than that when i sold it.The bike was perfect no problems except regular maintenance,back tires,oil,plugs.i only sold it because i wasn't riding it much.

my old bike black my new bike 06 busa with 03 plastics silver/grey

Then one day i was just browsing craigslist and saw a 06 busa salvage title for 4,000 with 4500 miles,i met with the guy and looked over the the bike for 3 days.I brought the bike for 3,800. i have only put about 400 miles on it.Mainly just making sure every think is good.I even top it out a few times.

i heard a salvaged title takes about $1,500 off of the value of a bike in good condition.

so i think it all depends how much you pay for it and how much you have to put into the bike.

i was offer 5500 for my bike already.so i can't lose if i sold it or parted it out.

anybody else my input.

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Last edited:
paid 6000 for my 06, but, it was a friends and was backed into in a parking lot and when it fell it put a scratch on the frame. only had 468 miles on it also.

From the Kelly Blue Book website...it applies to bikes too.

6. My car is in good condition, but has a "salvage" title. How does that affect the value?
A salvaged, reconstructed or otherwise "clouded" title has a permanent negative effect on the value of a vehicle. The industry rule of thumb is to deduct 20% to 40% of the Blue Book value, but salvage title vehicles really should be privately appraised on a case-by-case basis in order to determine their market value.

:thumbsup:

Just so I'm clear. You want to buy the "fastest production motorcycle on the planet" with a salvage title? Umm ok. ???
I would bet its a hard sell. Just my opinion....

I was the one that wrecked the Busa so I know what happened to it. Most of it is just cosmetic damage. Just wondering if it was worth buying back to fix up, and how much I would lose if I wanted to resell it later.

it would not be hard to sell it took me a week to sell a gixxer 600, days to sell some 20in rims,a week to sell a camera,all on craigs list. so it all depends on how to market stuff.If you want it buy it.

My bike is rebuilt on a previously salvaged title, think if it this way if the frame is straight and the engine in good shape what would be the harm in rebuilting it. Thats only if its your bike, but know that others can turn thier nose up at it when you go to resell it. No dealer will touch it. But hey look what I got:

phxprofilejpg.jpg

looks good bigsimp.:thumbsup::bowdown::cheerleader:I don't listen to people because i have been fixxing cars and bikes for a good while now and i know how to look at things to see if they are good.My buddy is a busa expert nothing is to much for him to fix,it's all about who you know.:laugh:

Back