Salvage Title Effect on 1K Bike price

skoti

Registered
I found this 2005 Suzuki GSXR-1000 CHEAP!!!!! - Edmonton Motorcycles For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton

The bike is about 2K cheaper than the other GSXR1000s that are listed. But it has considerably more mileage on it, and it has a salvage title, so I am not sure if the bike is really that cheap.

The owner told me he bought it off an insurance company, repaired it, and was able to insure it after an inspection.

I guess my question is, is this a good deal? and how much does a salvage title effect the price?

Also keep in mind that the price is in Canadian dollars ;)

salvage titles regardless of what anyone tells you really are a pain.. many states will not even allow registration or plates to go back no the street...

I would never touch one unless it was going to be a track bike AND I was going to do a complete teardown first... no point getting killed by someones crappy work...

GSXcite might be able to tell you what kind of $$$ hit salvage puts on them in his area...

Cant speak for every state but here in NYS, the bike will need to be taken into a special DMV location and every inch of the bike will be gone over..
You will also need receipts for every part and repair that was done in the bike since it was totalled... Way too much trouble in my opinion...
Salvage only good a a track bike...

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking it's not as cheap as it should be.

Abi, I would definately buy yours if I didn't have to worry about importing to Canada. It seems that would be a bit too time consuming for me now...but perhaps in the spring, although I can't imagine your bike would still be available.

Back