Safety engine cut of switch for racing

Screwy

Registered
Hi guys just thought I would post how to wire your safety cut out switch for dragracing,this is for a 1999-07 busa's,take of the left fuse cover panel and you will see a black block connector with a orange wire with a black tracer,pull it apart and get a thin pick to release the terminals from the block,(this way you don't have to cut anything) then solder the new connectors on to your new wires and connect those to the original wire ends,then mount your switch run your new wire to it and connect,done :) then if you take it of you haven't damaged your wiring loom,hope it's helpful :)

Thanks Robert :)) been on here ages finding the posts really helpful and could not find one for this so here we are! It's a great community here and everyone is helpful :)):beerchug:

I just drilled a small hole into the stock kill switch and screwed a small eye bolt into in. Then attached a tether cord to the eye bolt. Totally legal and didn't cost a thing!

After removal of the top right cover (below the handle bars) there are 4 connectors. The green connector ( Male plug end when separated ) has the ignition switch ( B+ ) hot always feed thick red wire to the ignition switch power in. The orange wire in the female green connector is the ignition switch power out. I cut into the orange wire for my safety tether. Everything works fine with this setup. Due to the multi-function of the start/stop switch I fell this would be the best and safest area to interrupt the power.
under right side top cover.jpg

0602221937_HDR.jpg

ignition switch harness feed in(RED B+ in) and feed out( Orange ign switch out ).jpg

main harness male plug end.jpg

Back